Chapter Fourteen

We arrived at Elliot's apartment, and without saying a word; he heads to the bathroom and shuts the door, locking it behind him. I wonder if everything is okay with him? I walk over to the kitchen table where my pack is sitting, and pull out Elliot's oversized shirt that I've been using to sleep in. I quickly undress myself and pull the shirt over my head, covering my bare torso and legs. I turn around and see Elliot standing there.

I can feel myself jump and my heartbeat is a little faster. "Elliot you scared me!"

"Then I'm doing my job right." He says with a smile.

I offer a smile back, and finish folding the dress and jacket that Brandice lent me.

"So, Elliot, I think I'll sleep on the couch if that's alright."

I hear him drop a pan into the sink and I turn to look at him. "That is most certainly not alright. You are my guest in this house, and I refuse to let you sleep uncomfortably!"

We both shift our glances to and from the couch, and almost like an invisible timer goes off between us, we race to the couch. I manage to arrive a split-second before Elliot, and I throw myself down on the couch, wrapping myself in a blanket just as he arrives at the couch.

"Winner, winner!" I taunt as I stick my tongue out at Elliot.

"You may have gotten to the sofa first, but can you keep it?" Elliot replies back.

I look at him with a raised eyebrow, and just as I'm about to ask him what he means, He leans over me and wraps his arms around my waist, meanwhile trapping my arms underneath the blanket and slings me over his shoulder. I let out a little scream and Elliot starts laughing.

"Not so tough are you now, Ms. Johnson." He walks over to the bed and sets me down gently, looking down at me with a smirk on his face. Once I get my hands free, I latch them around Elliot's neck, and I wrap my legs around his waist, dragging him down onto the bed with me.

"Not so tough are you now, Mr. Leeds." I laugh. Elliot wraps his arms around me and rolls over so he is position just right next to me on the bed. I drape my left arm over his side, and I take a deep breath in. I didn't realize how exhausted I was. All of that dancing and excitement must have really gotten to me. I feel Elliot rubbing his thumb along my cheek and jaw.

"Don't leave." I whisper.

"Never." He whispers back.

The tiredness of the day lulls me and inevitably, sleep consumes me.

I wake with light from the window pouring in, illuminating the whole window. I hear several birds chirping. Morning. I return my attention to the body laying over me. Elliot. His face is very peaceful, like the trials of last night didn't occur and everything in the word is well, perfect. I lay my head back on the pillow and studied his stunning face.

Elliot and I slept together. Not the "sleeping together" that Mrs. Lecher warned us about, but the sleep that offers our most vulnerable selves. Elliot spent the night in the same bed as me.

I listen to Elliot's breathing and when I hear it change, I quickly shut my eyes and try to keep a straight face while maintaining an even breath. Why am I pretending to be asleep? You are almost 18 years old, Lauren, why are you acting like a child? I can feel Elliot's eyes on me, and when his hand starts brushing the hair out of my face, I'm for certain he's awake. Okay, he's awake. He's made his move! Stop pretending to be asleep! Lauren!