aftermath

michael and luke sit in the front pew, staring at the urn perched on a small table infront of them. the priest speaks about how wonderful and caring calum was, but michael cant handle it, because that wasnt calum.

calum was stubborn. and sometimes a brat. he was emotional and sassy, always thinking he was right. but thays why michael loved him. for all his sassy remarks to his 'i love you's. getting lost in a book while michael gets lost in his favorite tv show.

calum wasnt caring. he didnt care what other people thought about him, and he didnt care how people felt when he told them the truth.

michael knew calum was going to leave him sooner or later. for one reason or another, but he didnt think it would be someone elses fault. he thought calum would grow out of him, not wanting to date someone so much older, cheat on him, or kill himself in all honesty. he didnt think someone else would take calum away from him like that. but people are selfish. people hurt people, because it gives them a satisfaction. what kind of satisfaction? i dont know.

michaels recovering. slowly but surely, hes going to be able to teach without trying to find calums face in the classroom. he will be able to listen to calums favorite song, read calums books, even look at pictures of his beautiful boy without wondering;

why him and not me?

tis short but yes, this is the end. i hope you like it and i am deeply sorry for my lack of updates with this story. i love you all - MC