Chapter 22

(Y/N)'S POV

You arive at room 286. It was dark inside and you couldn't hear anything. You flick on the lights to see Spirit, Lord Death and Dr. Stein sitting at the other end of the table. There were a few others there but you didn't recognize any of them.

"Please, have a seat."Spirit said, pointing to the two chairs on the end. Both you and Soul sit down beside each other.

"So. We have been informed by Miss Albern that you have a strange aura around your soul. Have you been feeling strange in the past few weeks, months, or possibly years?" The man closest to you asked. Soul wrapped his hand around your upper thigh as to keep you calm, as he wants himself. You grab his hand to help keep him comforted.

"Well," You began, grabbing Souls hand tighter, "Ever since I first moved back to Death City by myself, I have felt a little... on edge. Like something bad was always going to happen, ya'know?" You confess, "I just seem to have the feeling of always being watched or guided to do something terrible..." You look down at the ground. Soul rubbed his thumb against your leg in a soothing manor. You intertwine your fingers with his and look up into his loving eyes.

"Yes, Miss. We understand." You feel a presence behind you. You jump out of your seat and onto the table as two muscle-man lunged towards you and Soul. They grabbed Soul in a head lock and pinned his hands behind him.

"SOUL!" You screamed. You congered your scythe into your hand and ran at the men, cutting there arms up, but at the same time making sure not to hurt Soul. They eventually let go of him and he stood beside you, turning his arm into a scythe blade.

"Now. Miss (L/n). Don't resist." Spirit said, attempting to get closer to you.

"No! You are just going to take me away! And I won't have it! I'm not leaving Souls side! EVER!" You swing your blade at Spirit, stopping before it hit him, "Now leave us alone!!" You grab Souls arm, rushing towards the door. Two more muscle-men attempted to block the way. You shove them out of the way, knocking them into the wall opposite of the door. Soul just followed in awe at your strength.

"We need to get out of here..." He said in almost a whisper. He seemed to be thinking.

"I know. I just don't know where they wouldn't find us." You slow almost to a stop. Finally being stumped with something.

"I do." He said. And with one quick swoop he was carrying you bridal style. Soul ran out of the building as fast as his legs could carry the both of you. A few people looked as he ran at lightning speed. Most where people shouting stuff like: "OTP!", "I LOVE YOU (Y/N)!", "MARRY ME SOUL!". Which in turn pissed you off.

"At one point when Death City had legs," He began to explain, "I went to a place not far from here. To see what the hell was going on. For all I know, Death City could still have legs. But who knows other than lord Death himself, right?" He grinned at you and you smiled back.

~Time Skip~

After about 20 minutes of nonstop running you came across a cave-like structure. There seemed to be a chimney sticking out of the top, but no smoke blew out of it.

"In here." He grabbed your hand and led you in like a lost puppy. He grabbed a few logs before shutting and locking the door. "This place is too far away for anyone to see the smoke so we should be good. The only problem is if they find us there is only one door." You sigh as you lay on the cool ground. It was a hot day so it felt nice just to lay down and feel like garbage. (Undertale reference anyone??)

"At least I still have you." He sighed before laying down beside you. You cuddled up to him, feeling his body heat.

"Are we just going to hide here forever, Soul?" You ask, not wanting to leave all your friends behind.

"No. This is just to come up with a plan. We will only be here for a few days. Then, with the help of Blackstar and Tsubaki, Maka and hopefully Kid will find us and we will begin to think of a plan together. All of us." You smile at the thought of seeing Blackstar and Tsubaki again. You had only seen Amya and them for a split second. And Kid was just no where to be seen.

"That sounds great..." You say with a yawn. You quickly fall fast asleep. But for how long you would never know.

~

Nyeh heh heh! Finally done!! I've been writing this since the 17th... yeah. I wasn't sure how to further along the story =-=. I got stuck after the 8th paragraph (If you couldn't tell). So yeah. Hope you enjoyed, lol.

xoxo

~babywolf251