Chapter:4

I put on fresh wraps and cleaned Kiger's hooves one last time today. I took him to the wash basin to give him a bath. A tam roper from another school was there washing his horse. Several other high school girls were washing their horses as well.

I scrubbed Kiger's coat and rinsed him off. Before coming here I had washed the tack I was using. "May I borrow that?" The guy asked. "Sure I don't mind." I said to him. "I saw you riding this morning. I'd say you were good." He said.

"Thank you I hope to go pro once I'm out of high school." I say. "That's cool I hope your school wins today." He said. I looked down and saw my still pristine pearl snap on before towel drying Kiger's coat.

Then I put my school blanket on my horse along with the ear bonnet. I gathered up my horse care stuff and walked back to the trailer. There was thirty minutes in between the rounds.

I brushed his mane and tail out before replating it. I made sure that his hooves were clean and good to go. Then I put more muscle ointment on and rewrapped his legs.

I took the blanket off of him and put my tack on him. Then I put my saddle onto his back. I tightened the cinch and put the breast piece back on. I put the bridle from the second round on him and fixed his mane just right.

When I was done there was ten minutes left so I did touch ups. Finally I went to warm up once again. I was first again this time and got a 13.9. That put Emily Gregson in second place.

Yup I won the barrel racing, Gabe was second place in calf roping and first in bulls. The brothers got first in team rope. Bobby got first in broncs so our school basically won the entire three rounds.
"Attention high schools the winner is Andrews High."

"Celebration?" Bobby asked. "Woo hoo." The brothers said together. "How about at our favorite celebratory place for lunch?" I asked. "Let's go." All four boys said as they ran off.

I ran after them to Mitch's truck. I had moved my truck and asked grandpa to come pick up the horses. He gladly accepted to. I changed out of my team shirt and into a tank top that had Cat Daddy on it.

We went to Western grill and got lunch there. I ordered steak and sweet tea. The boys all got the same thing cause they were having an eating contest and I was timing.

When they got their plates I stared my timer. I saw two bull riders come in and knew exactly who they were. Then Bonner followed them in. As I ate I watched to see who could eat it faster.

"Done." Austin said. I stopped my timer. It said ten minutes and thirty seconds. "The looser has to pay." He said. Then Bobby and Mitch started eating again. Gabe never stopped until his food was gone.

Mitch beat Bobby by two seconds. "Man why do I have to pay?" He asked the rest of us. "Because you buddy lost the comp and is too slow to beat these three meat heads." I said gesturing to him then the rest of the guys.

"So miss bug what do you got planned this afternoon?" Austin asked. "Going shopping." I replied. "Where?" Gabe asked. "Where do you think?" I asked him. He smirked.

Bobby paid for lunch and we left the restaurant. They dropped me off at the arena so I could have my truck. I then drove to my favorite western store. Multiple people were there.

I went inside and went straight for the clothes. I got several pairs of rock n' roll boot cuts, a few cute tank tops including one that said 'live it to love it.'

They had started doing autographs five minutes after I got here so I might as well stick around. I got a new charm for my bracelet and a new necklace.

I even got the boys a shirt to give to them as a present for putting up with me. When I was done it was two hours later and I had too many bags to carry plus a pair of new boots.

Grandpa told me to get him some new jeans and a pair of work boots. So I got five pairs in the correct size and his boots in the correct size and made sure they were steel toe.

"Need some help carrying those out?" A voice said behind me. I turned around and there was Bonner. "Sure you can handle it?" I asked him. "I don't mind helping out a young lady like yourself." He said smiling as he walked up to the counter.

I let him take most of the bags, ok he took all the bags and I got the boots. "Just put them in the passenger side down in the floorboard." I told him as we neared my truck. I unlocked the door and he put the stuff inside. Then he put the boot box on the seat.

"Thank you." I said to him. "My pleasure. Now I may need your name in case we run into each other again this weekend." He said kinda smirking. "June." I said feeling my cheeks go red.

"Well then nice to meet you June I'm pretty sure you know who I am." He said before winking. "Definitely." I said smiling. "I've been watching you on pbr Saturday night since you've started." I said starting to fangirl.

"Well then I hope you would come to a few." He said slipping a piece of paper into my hand and walking away. I got in and looked back, he was getting into a truck that was newer than mine.

I started up my engine and looked at the paper. It was a paper with his signature and phone number! I plugged my phone in and played my music. Colt Ford again came on with buck em.

The next few songs for some reason were all about rodeo of some sort. When I got home I took the bags inside without help and grandpa's boots. "Papa I'm back." I hollered.

My phone and the paper were in my back pocket. "How was it?" "We won!!" I said excitedly.

And it's another chapter for yah