Chapter:24

I woke up before Bonner as he laid next to me with his arm draped across my waist. Carefully I lifted his arm off and stuck my pillow in my place. I snuck downstairs and took Jack outside to use the bathroom. I put on his coat and stepped out.

When I came back in with the pup, the coffee maker started to brew the coffee for people that needed it. Quietly I got down the Christmas mugs and started breakfast. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, and sausage.

Bonner came down the stairs sleepy eyed. I fixed him a cup of coffee and he gladly took it. The doorbell rang and Bonner went to get it. I finished the bacon and started on the eggs. The timer went off when Sally came into the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas June." I sat the biscuits on the counter and closed the oven before going over to her. "Merry Christmas Sally." I said hugging her. "Cooking for an army?" She asked. "With boys you have to." I replied. "I'll help." "Thank you. You can start on the waffles if you want." I told her.

While me and Sally were in the kitchen Brody and Bridger came in with their families. Their wives came in and helped out with breakfast. "Hey June what kind of gravy is this?" One of them asked. Then Brylee and Bliss came in. "Chocolate gravy." I replied.

We were all in our pjs and brought clothes to change into for later. Me and the girls got together and decided to have a pj contest. When the final thing for breakfast was done I called all in the open space of the kitchen.

A Christmas prayer was said and we fixed our plates. Children went first then women and finally men. I sat down on the couch and Bonner came and sat on the arm. "That's too cute." Sally said to us. We both looked like we didn't know what she was talking about until we realized it was our pajamas.

"Thank you I had them ordered in." I told her. Once breakfast was done I sat in Bonner's lap waiting for presents to be handed out. He kissed my cheek as the boys were handed their gifts. "June." Brody said handing me a gift. "Might want to open that one after everyone leaves." Bonner told me.

His name was on it, of course. After all the gifts were handed out and opened Bonner set me on the couch and went upstairs. He came back with a brown paper sack.

"For you to use as you travel." He told me. I looked in the bag to find tack cleaners and horse soaps. I jumped up and hugged him. Jack got a collar and I was going to get him a name tag for it, the only thing Jack didn't get was a leash.

Bonner loved his gifts from me and he also got me a Stetson, it had rhinestone horseshoes around the band and a horse's head blinged out in the center plus it was straw.

We got changed and got dinner going. I checked the turkey several times making sure it wasn't going to be too dry. After dinner preparations it was done and we blessed the food we dug in.

I ate enough food that I wouldn't need to eat tomorrow. The family left about two hours after four and it was just Bonner and I. I finally got the kitchen spotless and plopped down on the couch, laying my head on his lap.

Tiredness over came me as we were on the couch watching an old western movie.

"June!" Sally yelled as I swiped a cookie

"June!" Sally yelled as I swiped a cookie. "Your just as bad as my sons." She added. I swiped another and ran into the living room. I took a bite out of it before Bonner notice I had it. "May I have a bite?" He asked.

I stuck the rest in his mouth and he took a bite of it. We were over at his parents' house for New Years to celebrate the upcoming events. Toya was giving Bonner pointers for the season and I was supposed to be baking.

I got bored and started poking Bonner in his side. He grabbed my hand and held it trying to focus on what his dad was trying to say. I started poking the opposite side and he grabbed that hand as well.

I giggled as I put my legs around his. Then I moved leg positions and finally I got out of his grip and went back into the kitchen. Sally was pulling a cookie sheet out of the oven.

"Need help?" I asked. "Take these to the men." She said handing me two glasses. I took them to Toya and Bonner and sat back down next to Bonner. To admit it, I was bored. It was eleven thirty at night. I started to poke Bonner again. As I was about to poke him again he got up and picked me up over his shoulder with one arm.

I squealed as he carried me outside without a jacket or coat. He jogged to the fence and put me over it before running back in. I climbed the fence and easily gained on him. Hearing him chuckle made me jump on his back. He caught himself and me at the same time.

I was giggling my head off before laughing. "Oh you think it's funny." He added. I laughed some more. "Fine I won't say I warned you." He said walking into the house.

He dumped me onto the couch and started tickling me. "Ah hahah. B-b-Bon-ner n-n-no s-st-o-op." I tried to get out while laughing. "Sorry what was that?" He asked. "I can't breathe." I got out. "Then this will." He said as he started poking me. I continued to laugh until Sally got onto us for roughhousing.

The countdown was starting and Bonner sat down next to me. Once it hit 'one' his lips clashed with mine. We stayed like that until it was twelve o'one. "Happy New Years June Bug." He said huskily. "Happy New Years to you too Bonny."

What's up peeps hope your having a great time with the book

What's up peeps hope your having a great time with the book. Love to hear feedback from you the readers