Chapter:5

June's outfit: http//www.polyvore.com/dreamer/set?id=198690415

That night Lilli and I watched from the fence. Grandpa's bulls were mean tonight. "I bet all are going to get lower than a eighty." I told Lilli. "Can I take on that bet?"

We both spun around to see Bonner standing there. I was speechless then said. "If you get over an eighty...." I tried to think of a reward. "I get to take you out on a date." He finished. "And if you loose?" I asked him.

"I'll getcha all the merchandise they put out there for me." He said winking. "Deal." I said smiling. "Then you better get ready for the date." He whispered in my ear before walking towards the chutes.

"Ooh that guy has you doesn't he?" Lilli commented. "Shut up." I said giggling. "What? Its the truth." She said as I looked at her trying to stop from laughing. "Admit it." "Not until I have a date with him." I told her as we turned back to the ring.

It was time for bull riding. The first ten scored as I knew. Then LJ rode and broke the record with an eighty solid. "Crap. There goes the streak." I hissed quietly. Then it was Bonner's turn to ride.

I was nervous about this, but the bull he got though was the nastiest out of the bunch. I Leaned closer to watch my 'nasty' bull take him on. This one is my baby bull I raised him from a bottle and worked with him. Only I could load and unload him.

The buzzer sounded and I was knocked out of my trance. Finally the scores were put up. Eighty one was the score. "Ha admit it now." Lilli declared. "Yeah he just beat the toughest bull in my papa's bunch." I told her as I started walking towards the pens.

No I wasn't trying to ditch him but I wanted to have a little fun with it. So I snuck out and texted him where to find me. I sat down on my tailgate as a Chevy pulled up in front of my truck.

"Well if it isn't June Hazard." The man said getting out. That voice was all too familiar to be someone else. He's the reason I hung out with all those guys so he wouldn't try anything.

"F*** off." I yelled at him. "Well a sweet little thing like you shouldn't be saying dirty words like that." He said coming closer. "Yeah I learned from an ex of mine how to use them." I yelled at him again now getting off my seat.

"So I have you for the night?" He asked. "You will never have me ever again after what you did." I said as I marched back to the lit arena. There leaning on the side was Bonner. He was watching the steer wrestling. I walked over and leaned on it too.

"Thought you'd show up." He said. "I said I was sitting on my tailgate." I replied. "So that was you." He said as we watched. "Thought you might want one of these." He said handing me a blue shirt with him riding a bull on it.

"This it?" I asked him. "Oh and want to go eat?" He asked. "Because of course I won the bet." He continued. "Then where are we going to eat?" I asked him. "Then let's go." He said grabbing my hand.

I let him lead me to a truck parked close to mine. "I had to park close, of course." He said opening the passenger door. I climbed in as he jogged around to his side.

A few minutes later the truck rolled into La Carreta. Mexican food was on the menu. We got out and walked up to the door. The service was usually slow but the food was worth it.

We were placed at a table and handed menus. I ordered a sweet tea and got the tacos. Bonner got fajitas and sweet tea.

As we waited for our food we talked and I never fangirled once. When our food got there we were having to much fun to care. I had salsa in my three tacos so when I bit into it the liquid came out.

"So what was your favorite ride?" I asked in between bites. "Thought you would know." I shook my head after taking a bite. "Well then. I was riding in Weatherford and the bull I was riding was Cat Daddy. Scored ninety three points with that ride. Enough about me how bout you?" He asked me.

"My career started when I got on a horse well pony at age three. I was already living with my grandparents at the time and my grandpa had the barrels set out so I asked him to saddle my pony so I could try it. My grandma taught me how to run the course as well as how I needed to warm up my horse.

"Then after I warmed up the pony I cantered the course a time or two. At that time it was a week before my fourth birthday. So on my fourth birthday they gave me Kiger as a foal and ever since then I've fell in love with barrel racing and a hobby of raising bucking bulls with my grandfather." I explained clearly.

"I think that's a great start." He said as he took the last bite of his food. "Because I started with mutton busting and worked my way up to the bulls." I nodded. "I even did mutton busting with one of my friends." I said.

"Seriously?" He asked with a smirk. "No joke. Then starting in eighth grade I did broncs. I did that until Bobby came in junior year and the focused on barrel racing." I said not even the hint of nervousness.

"Tough girl." He commented. "You've got to be to grow up around a bunch of boys." I said as we got up. "I had fun tonight." "Wanna do this again sometime?" He asked. "I'd love to." "Then how about tomorrow at a different restaurant?"

Sweet another chapter here vote Comment Let me know how I'm doing

vote
Comment
Let me know how I'm doing