Chapter:19

Still Bonner's POV
I sat in her room waiting for her to do something. The doctor said she was in a stable condition but would have some trouble getting out of it.

Her friends came by to see her after they heard what happened. I told them what I knew happened then they left. Her grandfather left to go get a few things but I stayed put, not moving unless it was to the bathroom.

Mr. Hazard came back with a bag. "Bonner why don't you go home and rest. I'll let you know if something happens." I shook my head. "Then why don't you go get something to eat and get some kinks out of your legs."

I nodded and walked out of the room. Several female nurses stopped and checked me out. I shook it off and continued to walk. Once I got to the cafeteria I got my food and paid for it.

Then I sat down and started eating, but I could barely eat the food I got. "What's up Bonner?" I looked up to see an old friend from college, he was wearing scrubs so I assumed he worked here now. "Not much." I replied still picking at the food. "Yeah it's something."

I looked at him as he sat down. He just sat there watching my every move. "It's someone here isn't it." I sighed and nodded. "Who?" I looked at him again as I stopped picking at my food.

"A girl isn't it? Because your only like this if you've done something wrong that you regret." I knew he was right, it was a girl and that was correct. I act like this only when I've done something stupid that I can't redo.

"Dude eat and I'll give you some info on June." He said. "I over heard earlier when you were trying to find her room." He added. I nodded and actually ate most of my food before he came back.

"I took pictures of the clipboard with her info." He said unlocking his phone. I skimmed through the information, she was conscious with brain activity but wasn't moving at all. Everything was fine except a few scratches.

"I need to get back." I told him as I got up. When I got back to her room she was still there and her grandfather wasn't. I sat down by her bed and whispered her name. She never moved.

"June. I'm sorry this all happened. It wouldn't of happened if I didn't walk away that night in Vegas. I was an idiot for that. Please forgive me." I said to her as she laid on the bed. Then a doctor came in.

He got out a needle and something in a bottle. A sedative, he's probably been giving it to her since she got here. She started stirring. I got in front of her and stood there. "What's that?" I asked him.

"Just something for her heart." The monitor behind me beeped steadily. "I don't think that's the problem." I told him as I continued to stand in front of her.

"Relax she'll be fine." Then a man walked in. I knew what her teammates looked like and who her friends were and this guy was strange.

June stirred more, I turned to look at her as she stirred. Then she opened her beautiful blue eyes. She saw me then the doctor. I sat down on the bed next to her. She sat up and we hugged. "I want out of here." She whispered.
June's POV
I saw Dustin standing next to the doctor. He was leaning against the cabinets. He was the one that caused this. Now thinking it was his truck that hit mine.

"Who is that man?" Bonner whispered in my ear. "My no good ex boyfriend." I told him. Then Dustin came over and sat on the opposite side of the bed. I moved closer to Bonner. "June you don't know this man." Dustin tried to pull. "I don't know you." I told him clinging closer to Bonner.

"June I know you know who I am." Dustin said softly. I shook my head then Bonner pulled me onto his lap. A nurse came in, she saw I was fine and said I could go home. "She can't leave yet." The doctor stated as the nurse took out my iv.

"Well she's awake and she has no major injuries." The nurse said as she handed me clothes. "Your grandfather dropped these off earlier." She said setting clothes on the bed. I got up and went into the bathroom, after making sure the door was locked I changed into the clothes.

When I was done I stepped out of the room and sat back down next to Bonner. "Please sign here miss." The nurse said handing me a clipboard. I signed my name and handed it back.

"Please meet me at the front desk." I got up and so did Bonner. He grasped my hand and we walked to the desk. I was freed from the hospital, Bonner led me out to his truck. He opened the passenger door and helped me in.

After he closed the door he ran to his side and got in. Wait what about my horse? "Bonner what happened to Crugar?" I asked hoping he was ok. "He's fine no scratches or anything like that." I was relieved.

"I'm sorry for walking away that last night in Vegas. I should have gone to you instead of walking away." He started. "I-i don't understand why you did." "It was because I was told one thing and I was afraid that you were going to be with him instead of me." He added.

I sighed before saying, "Bonner I'm not the kind that cheats. Especially when I have one that is tougher and more lovable than any I've ever had." I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

When he pulled up to his house he parked in front of the house and put the center console up. He pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead.

"Who was that guy that you were with then?" He asked setting his chin on my head as I had my head on his shoulder. "He's my ex and he thinks that I'm still his. Every time I even try to get a boyfriend he ruins it." I told him.

"Don't worry about him as long as I'm here he's not even going to get close to you." He said holding me close.

It's reading time

It's reading time. Another question for yah.
What's another fact about Bonner?