Chapter 5: Unexpected Meeting

It was 10:30am on Saturday morning. Beca had just showered, put on sweats and was sat watching Netflix until she had an idea. It was a beautiful day so she decided to go and see her mother.

After a quick stop at the flower shop downtown, Beca found herself pulling into the cemetery.
It was in a beautiful place, Beca had to admit, it was by the countryside and had no large building surrounding it so all that could be seen was the surrounding fields.
Beca liked coming here, her mother was buried along the outside so she would sit next to her mothers grave and, if there was no-one around, she would talk to her mum about what had been happening to her recently.

Today was one of those days, no-one was in the cemetery and Beca placed the flowers down at her mothers headstone and sat down on the ground next to her mother before taking a long breath.
"Hey mum," Beca began, it had been around 2 months since Beca had visited her mothers grave, she always left it a month or more so she had something to talk to her mum about.
"It's been a while so I guess I'll just talk... This Monday was the first week back at Barden. It was the same as I usually tell you I guess, the students were nice, it's good seeing them grow up blah blah blah." Beca laughed to herself, "there's a new drama teacher mum! And my gosh is she awesome, she's absolutely beautiful mum, great at her job and reminds me of you so much. She always makes me feel so relaxed when I'm around her. Who am I kidding I really like her mum , like, a lot." Beca took a breath as her vision blurred over thinking of her mum.
"I m-miss you mum. Everything. Whether you were angry at me or we were curled up watching Netflix together. I hope your doing okay up there and I hope everyone's keeping you safe. You've probably already seen me and Chloe, the new drama teacher, and I hope that you approve of her. I can tell we're going to be close, though I won't tell her. I hope I'm doing you proud mum, you certainly deserve it. I miss you." Beca repeated shakily as the tears fell silently from her face as she reached out to touch her mothers headstone. She curled herself in a ball and let the tears fall. Even though her mum died 4 years ago it was still hard for Beca to deal with and she cried most of the times she came to see her.

"B-Beca? Is that you?" A voice that Beca recognised. Oh crap, that voice can only be one person. Chloe. Beca timidly looked up, glad she wasn't wearing any mascara and looked toward Chloe's feet. She immediately sat down beside her and opened her arms for Beca.
Beca hesitantly crawled slowly into Chloe's arms as she held her gently as Beca cried over the loss of her mother.
"Don't worry we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," Chloe whispered to Beca, running her hand gently through the brunettes gentle curls.
"Thanks Chloe, I'll t-tell you one day... Just not, not now..." Beca replied. Chloe hummed in reply and simply held Beca closer.

When Beca had finished crying she spoke softly to Chloe,
"Why are you here anyways?" Beca questioned.
"I came to put flowers on my gandfathers grave, it would've been his birthday today." Chloe smiled.
"Oh, sorry."
"It's okay Beca."
The two got up and before they started walking back to their cars, Beca turned to her mothers headstone,
"Told you she was amazing didn't I mum..." Beca whispered before turning back to Chloe, smiling weakly.

When they got to their cars Beca turned to say goodbye to Chloe.
"Thanks again Beale," she smirked.
"Anytime Mitchell, call or text me if you ever need anything." Chloe replied with a genuine smile.

A/N:
So as you can tell my updates don't have a pattern, I just write when I can... Oops... Do you guys like the POV stuff or not? Short chapters or long ones? Let me know what you think! xo