Chapter 17: Campus Chats

It was Tuesday, and before the day at Barden had started Beca had been pulled aside by Jesse. They were currently sat on the open field under a large oak tree on campus.
"Hey, so I wanted to talk to you... I know you went out with Chloe on Friday to that new bar... Anything happen?" Jesse had been very supportive over Beca's little crush towards Chloe. He was excited to hear if anything had happened between the pair and that was no exception today.
"Mmm nothing much happened I guess," Beca wasn't sure how to put it.
"Something must've happened, even if it was reallllly small, like you," Jesse smiled at Beca and laughed.
"Dude just stop." Beca smiled, "Well, it wasn't much, but.... So there was a man checking me out and Chloe pointed him out to me and I protested and after she pushed me I admitted I was gay and she looked really surprised so I did my usual 'if that's a problem' blah blah blah speech," Beca started, rubbing the back of her neck as she watched Jesse, "and she said it wasn't a problem as long as I, umm, accepted they she was bisexual..."
"Yesss!! You have a chance!! Go for it," Jesse punched the air and smiled at Beca who couldn't help but smile back. Of course it wasn't a massive chance but it was a small beacon of hope. "Anything else happen, perhaps after some drinks?" Jesse wiggled his eyebrows.
"Ew no not that far dude," Beca shoved him lightly, laughing, "but well I walked her back to her home to make sure she got their safe and as I was leaving she kissed me on the cheek then pulled away but only a little bit, like dude I could've just kissed her right there and then! I mean, it wasn't  the first time she's done it but urgh! Beca balled up her fists.
"Awh that's unfair Becs but don't sweat it, and.. Wait. That not the first time she's done it!!" Jesse's eyes widened at this and he laughed.
"Yeah sure, she's kissed me on the cheek before its nothing major it's not like she fucked me, man," Beca smiled.
"Still cute though," he laughed, "I ship it... BECHLOE!" Jesse shouted before Beca clamped her hand over his mouth and glared at him... Telling him to shut up, Beca scanned the area for any sign of the redhead or anyone else, when all was clear she let Jesse go.
"Keep it on the low down man... Right I better be going, some of us have a class this morning," Beca stood up and brushed herself off before waving to Jesse and making her way across the quad to her first class.

- - - - -
Beca has grabbed her lunch from the fridge in the staff workroom and headed over to the table in the corner with Chloe, Jesse, Aubrey and Stacie.
"Hey, would you look at that the midgets here," Aubrey joked as Beca sat down at the table opposite Chloe and next to Jesse.
"Always with the height jokes Posen," Beca said as she fake smiled at the blonde. The pair were on good grounds but they still shared some friendly jokes every now and then.

The five spent most of lunch chatting aimlessly about whatever topic came to mind.
"Hey, Bree, there's a new bar opened a few nights ago, I think it's called Downbeat, shit name if you ask me. Anyway, I was wondering if some time soon you'd check it out with me?" Stacie asked Aubrey as the five still sat at the table. Next to Beca, Jesse simply whispered 'Staubrey' into the brunette's ear, making her giggle and Chloe quirk and eyebrow at her. She simply mouthed 'tell you later' and the group continued chatting until the end of the lunch break.

"So what was your little giggle fest about Mitchell, " Chloe asked as she caught up to Beca walking to their final class of the day.
"Oh that, yeah. Well basically Aubrey and Stacie are constantly flirting back and forth and their both totally oblivious that they like eachother. I mean, I know personally from Stacie that she's interested in Posen and Jesse talked to Aubrey a few days ago and she also likes Stace, so Jesse put their names together to make a ship name - Staubrey. And he whispered that in my ear when Stacie practically asked Aubrey out on a date," Beca smiled at Chloe.
"Ooooh! I always thought there was something going on between those too. Awh that so sweet though you've got to admit," Chloe poked Beca's side.
"Beale, don't" Beca warned, "and nope it's not cute at all, you Chloe Beale seem to forget that I am a badass and 'cute' is not in my dictionary," Beca smirked at the redhead beside her as they stopped outside Chloe's drama hall chatting.
"Is this coming from the same person who picked me out a dress that was... Oh wait what did you call it, ah that's right - cute!" Chloe laughed at the way Beca's expression went from being confused to her simply pulling a straight face at Chloe. The redhead pinched her cheeks, "Awh look who's getting all grumpy because she showed she's not a badass,"
"Whatever," Beca smirked, "it seems like you, m'lady, have a class to get to. Now go, go go." Beca laughed as she gently shoved Chloe away towards the hall.
"Bye Becs," Chloe smiled as she turned away.
"Laters, Beale," was Beca's simple reply as she too spun in her heel and sauntered down the corridor. So what if she wasn't late to teach her own class, it was worth it.

A/N:
Just a slight filler chapter I guess. Bechloe in the next few chapters so GEAR UP! :)