Chapter 29: Chills

"Chlo, we're here..." Beca smiled as she took her girlfriends hand and led her out of the car, she stood the redhead in front of the cabin and gently took off Chloe's blindfold scarf...

Beca was dreading Chloe's reaction, she was pretty sure it would be a good one but still, she couldn't be too sure. Until now.
"Oh my gosh.." Chloe begun, she had paced back and forward a bit, taking in the view of the cabin. It was a medium size wooden lodge, it had a balcony at the back, which little did Chloe know, had a four seater jacuzzi on it. It looked cozy, and there were no other cabins in sight, a small creek ran by the back of the cabin and there was the simple sound of nature. "It's beautiful Beca, absolutely breathtaking. No offence meant but how on earth did you afford this! I mean this can't be cheap!" Chloe smiled, taking Beca's hand in her own and placing a small kiss on her cheek.
"Well, it wasn't cheap," the brunette laughed, "but I haven't been on holidays for a looong while and my dad payed a little towards it once he saw the place," she explained, "you really like it?"
"I love it, thank you so much," Chloe kissed the brunette slowly, "now I wanna see the inside so let's go go go!"

After a few hours, the pair had settled into the cabin and had even had a look around the woods nearby. Beca was currently making coffee for the pair whilst Chloe was reading a book slouched on the sofa.
"Hey chlo, there's one more thing I need to show you, c'mere," Beca grabbed Chloe's hand and dragged her outside to the balcony.
"Babe, it's a balcony... Am I missing something?" Chloe laughed, turning to Beca, then seeing what was behind her. "Man, I wondered what that was! It comes with a jacuzzi, that's so cool, we are definitely using this if the weather continues like it is," Chloe smiled, looking towards the blue sky. Beca grabbed the pairs coffees and handed Chloe's hers, joining her girlfriend, looking over the balcony.
"Thank you so much, again," Chloe grinned, resting her head against the brunette shoulder.
"My pleasure," Beca kissed Chloe's forehead lightly then sighed lightly, she was so glad that Chloe had liked the cabin and felt genuinly lucky to spend it with her girlfriend, the women she loved. Love. Beca had decided to just own up to her feelings and to her heart and admit to herself that she loved Chloe Beale. The woman was her sunshine, her rock and her confident,
how could she not love Chloe Beale.
The pair stayed like that for a little while before Beca moved off to clear up the mugs they'd been using,
"Hey, whatcha reading?" Beca asked, glancing towards the upturned book that was on the coffee stand.
"Oh it's Pride and Prejudice, pretty popular but I've never read the full thing, so I thought why not... And Jesse recommended it," Chloe smiled as she rethought the moment she had bumped into Jesse during her free period and they had begun chatting about random things until books came up, apparently most of his students had read Pride and Prejudice and he said it was a good read.
"Swanson's charms," Beca laughed.
"Well they worked on me," Chloe picked up the book and rifled through it, "in fact, maybe when we get back I'll go and talk to him more about books, we could read together. Y'know, spend nights sleeping over discussing what characters we liked best, that sorta stuff," Chloe smirked lightly as she nodded her head, "yeah, maybe I'll do that, I always wanted to spend more time with Jesse, don't you even think he's just so handsome... Like you just look at him and... Well, y'know," Chloe smiled to herself, knowing she was winding Beca up.
"No, there will be none of that thank you very much,"
"No I really want to do it, Becs you can't stop me..." Chloe deadpanned.
"You wanna bet," Beca smirked.
"Try me," Chloe whispered, glancing over to Beca. Quickly, the brunette ran at her and jumped on top of her, pinning her quickly to the sofa.
"No more of that Beale or we go home," Beca smirked.
"Meh you got me," Chloe smiled, in the lapse of Beca's attention, Chloe flipped the pair and Chloe was atop of Beca. The redhead grinned and her ginger curls fell about her shoulders, framing her face. Beca simply stared into the blue orbs above her.
"What..?" Chloe asked bit Beca simply continued to stare, a smile on her lips. "Beca! Seriously what!" She laughed.
"Nothing you're just, um, you're justbeautiful," Beca mumbled.
"Well what was that missy?" Chloe joked.
"Urgh, do I have to spell it out its... Urgh... I said you're beautiful," Beca dropped her gaze at the end and huffed.
"Now how hard was that miss grumpy 'I pretend I'm a badass but really I'm a softy',Chloe giggled, kissing the pouting brunettes nose.
"Shut it, I am badass," Beca huffed.
"Oooh, course course!" Chloe laughed and rolled off the brunette, snuggling into her side instead, "for the record, thank you and you're beautiful too."

- - - - -
"Becs, babe, wake up I wanna do something," Chloe lightly shook Beca's shoulder from where they had cuddles together to sleep a few hours before. Beca groaned and snuggled closed to Chloe.
"Nope, up! I wanna do something," Chloe grabbed her girlfriends leg and pulled her off the bed onto the rug that lied beside it, Beca jumped up quickly to her feet and rubbed her eyes, flattened out her hair and sighed.
"Okay, you're wish is granted," she grumbled.
"Come on grumpy, get your swimsuit on I'm ticking something off my bucket list," Chloe giggled, throwing Beca her one piece.
"What the fuck is on your bucket list at 1am?" Beca asked groggily.
"Duh, watch the stars from a hot tub with a friend," she smiled.
"Oh, a friend I see," Beca smiled before slipping into the bathroom to suit up.

A few minutes later the pair were sat in the jacuzzi, the water frothing from the bubbles, watching the sky, completely contempt.
"Wanna play our question game again?" Chloe chirped up, smiling, "I like getting to know things around you I normally wouldn't," she laughed.
"Sure, weirdo," Beca winked.
"One weird thing about you?" Chloe asked.
Beca thought for a while, "Okay so you're gonna think this is mental... But I can't have alarms on number ending in 0 or 5... So all my alarms ever are like 10:38 or 2:23. Don't ask me why though I just don't like it," Beca shivered.
"Oh gosh, you call me a weirdo." Chloe giggled slightly.
"Nahhh, so what about you? Anything weird to tell me?"
"It's not exactly weird but it's a bit unbelievable for me I guess. But I absolutely hate being forced to stand close to people, especially strangers," Chloe laughed.
"You? You who knows no personal boundaries?" Beca laughed as Chloe lightly hit her on her hand, which resting on top of the jacuzzi around Chloe's shoulders.

The pair sat in silence for about 15 minutes, simply enjoying eachothers company, gazing towards the stars, heat radiating from the tub they were in.
"Becs, I guess I need to tell you something," Chloe started, looking at Beca, who's eyebrows knitted together slightly at the tone of the redheads voice.
"What is it chlo, you okay?" Beca asked hesitantly.
"Yeah I'm fine... It's about when my mum and brother come to visit.."
"Oh, okay,"
"Well, around 18 months ago when I was away from home for a while I found out my mum had been in and out of hospital," Chloe started, gazing at the bubbles arising from the jacuzzi, "and when I eventually got home a few days later she was in hospital again." Beca brung her arm around the redheads shoulder supportively.
"And... Well, she had been diagnosed with Cancer," chloe smiled sadly, "but, since then she's been on chemo and her last rounds were about 6 months ago so she's fine, at the moment... But I just wanted to tell you so you were aware," Chloe smiled for a bit before switching her glance to Beca. The brunettes eyes had widened and eyebrows knitted together further.
"Why didn't you tell me babe, before now," she whispered as she soothingly played with the other women's hair.
"I don't know... I just guess I didn't want to reveal that I was scared, I still am," Chloe smiled lightly.
"You don't need to be scared Chlo. This has obviously proved your mother is strong, and you've got me now. I'll be here for you through whatever," the brunette smiled, she took a big breath and smiled gently again, "I love you Chloe,"
The redheads eyes widened before settling down again, smiling broadly,
"I love you too Beca Mitchell," she said.
The two kissed and rested their foreheads together,
"Right my bucket list is ticked, now I'm tired, lets gooooo," Chloe laughed.
"After you m'lady," Beca smiled and the two got out of the jacuzzi and back in bed, content.

A/N:
My updates might go more weekly from now on or every 5 days or so, It's the summer holidays and I'm pretty busy but will try to write longer chapters! Let me know if you liked this update! x