Chapter 37: Auditions

Friday soon came and resulted in Beca, Stacie, Chloe and Aubrey sat all behind Beca's desk in the music hall, and Jesse loitering around the door with a grin permanently plastered on his face.
"Here goes nothing," Beca sighed as she eyed the other three.
"You betcha," Chloe replied with a wink.
"Let's get this party started," Stacie said with a nod towards Jesse who let the first young woman enter, Emily Junk. Emily was a rather unexpected girl to come to auditions, she'd only been at Barden for a couple of weeks after moving and seemed to keep herself to herself, from what Aubrey seemed to know about the girl from teaching her maths. She was smart without a doubt, but most of the women had never heard her speak let alone sing. The music to Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone filled the music hall from large speakers and Emily began to sing.
After Emily came a whole variety of girls, mostly from Beca's classes but some from the other women's. There was a large variety of voices, some could beatbox, other had high vocal range and some even looked like they could dance well. Least to say there was a high range of talent within Barden.

"Well that was... fun," Beca drawled as the final few students trailed out of the hall.
"Hey!" Chloe flicked her ear, "you have to go through the process!" She continued.
"Yeah but since when did bloody 18 year olds have voices like 20 year old men!" Beca laughed.
"There were only two!" Stacie grinned, leaning back in her chair.
"Did you hear that Emily girl though! For someone who's so shy she has an amazing voice. She could go far," Aubrey interjected.
"Agreed, she'll be a strong addition to the team," Chloe said with a curt nod.
"Weigh out the 'options' after school?" Beca suggested.
"Sounds good," the other three chimed and they all stood to leave, Aubrey and Stacie having classes to get to, leaving Chloe and Beca to pack up.
"There were some pretty good voices there," Chloe piped up. 
"And some pretty shit ones too," Beca smirked, half expecting the scrunched up ball of paper thrown at her.
"You're just pessimistic," Chloe teased as she walked to behind Beca and wrapped her arms around her waist.
"Aren't you a lucky lady," Beca teased as she sank slightly into her girlfriends embrace.
"As a matter of fact I believe I am," the redhead smiled as she placed a gentle kiss on Beca's cheek and spun away with a smile. Beca mumbled to herself with slightly tinged cheeks as she grabbed an extra table and picked it up. She began walking with it back to the edge of the room but stopped short to glare at Chloe who was giggling rather loudly in the corner.
"Care to share Beale?" Beca smirked.
"Well, Becs in case you haven't noticed... That table is like the-the same size as you and watching you waddle with it across the room is quite funny to be honest, although I admire your strength," Chloe chuckled as she gestured to the brunettes current state.
"I'm not that short!" Beca groaned as she once again picked up the table before dropping it down in her face and walking to her bag with a pout.
"Aww, come here," Chloe grinned.
"No," Beca mumbled as she kept her head down, trying to keep the smirk off her face. Chloe just signed as she grabbed Beca's jacket and pulled her towards her, pressing their lips together for a few seconds.
"Now cheer up grumpy, it makes you look shorter when you slump your shoulders," Chloe said with a laugh as she kissed Beca again then waltzed out of the room, leaving the brunette dumbfounded but finding a small smile tracing her lips.

"Ah, Mr Mitchell," Chloe rushed out. She was just about to leave to the staff room after school but had happened to catch the man on her way.
"Chloe, please call me John, what can I do for you?" He spoke as he ushered her in the direction of his office.
"Well I was talking to Beca and she said she's had her eye on a new mixing table or something and, well I didn't want to ask her about it because I was thinking of getting her it for her birthday next week and she said you were the only person who knew exactly what brand and whatever it was," Chloe rambled as she clasped her hands together nervously.
"Oh, yes, I know what you mean. I'll get it up on my computer, is that okay?" He asked.
"Yes thank you that'd be perfect," Chloe smiled. John opened up his internet and typed in a few details, quickly pulling up the exact mixing board his daughter had been rambling on about for weeks. He let Chloe take a quick picture of it and jot down any details on her phone.
"She'll love it," Mr Mitchell smiled as Chloe took the final details.
"I hope so, thanks again John, I'll see you on monday," Chloe smiled as she reached the door.
"No problem, have a good night Chloe."

Beca entered the staff room at the end of her lesson to find Aubrey writing all the names of every girl who auditioned on the large whiteboard.
"Knew you'd be organised," Beca smirked.
"Stacie thinks it's hot," Aubrey smiled.
"Thanks for that," Beca mumbled, causing the blonde to laugh as she shook her head. 
"Emily Junk already circled hey? Pretty certain on her aren't we," Beca continued.
"She's one of the best, pair her voice with Flo's weird flip things and Lily's beat boxing and boom, there's a start," Aubrey nodded her head as she circled Flo and Lily's name as well.
"Started without us how dare you!" Stacie feigned offence as she walked in, Chloe in tow, and wrapped her arms around Aubrey's waist.
"We have our basis," Beca said as she gestured to the board as best she could given the fact that Chloe was perched on one of her hands that lay on her lap.
"Let's talk acapella," Aubrey grinned and the four women took seats in a huddled circle and chatted about the girls who audition, ruling some out completely and adding others to the team. At the end of their 'meeting' they had a team of Emily, Lily, Kelley, Flo, a girl who called herself Barb, Kori, Denise, Chrissie and Katherine.

A/N:
I really didn't know how to do the auditions or who to put in them but I hope this was okay :/