Chapter 8: Sleepless nights

When the pair had entered the bar they had been told to go to, Jesse was waiting with Aubrey, 'of course they'd be the first here' Beca thought.
The pair were beckoned over by an overexcited Jesse.

"Eyy, you're here... Together?" Jesse wiggled his eyebrow at Beca. He knew that Beca had developed a celebrity crush on the redhead after practically prising it out of the petite brunette one night when the pair were chatting late at night.
"Chloe basically begged me to go to hers to help her 'choose an outfit'" Beca used air quotes for the last bit before gesturing to Chloe's dress.
"Well it worked, you look nice Chloe," Aubrey spoke up from behind Jesse, smiling at the girl sincerely.
"Thanks Bree, she loved it really," Chloe said, liking her arms with Beca before winking at her.

- - - - -
It was 9:30pm, Stacie and some other teaching staff had joined the original four and they were now sat at a table in near the bar. Jesse and some others weren't drinking as they had driven here but Beca and Chloe decided to have a bit of fun and had order a beer each. All of a sudden a very drunk Stacie approached the table and slid in next to Aubrey with a round of shots. She grinned at Chloe and Beca and shoved a shot glass in their hands. The two eyed Stacie carefully before swinging back the alcohol, enjoying the burn as it trickled down their throats.

Throughout the night, Beca and Chloe had both secretly been watching Stacke and Aubrey's interactions. It seemed that a slightly drunk Stacie couldn't keep her hands off Aubrey, constantly leaning towards her or draping her hand on her hand or thigh. Yet Aubrey was totally sober and didn't try to stop her all, in fact she leaned into Stacie's touch from time to time. Perhaps there was something go on there...

- - - - -
It was much later in the night and now only Stacie, Aubrey, Jesse, Beca and Chloe were at the bar. Stacie, Beca and Chloe were all... Well, drunk.
"Becaaaa, lets dannsh," Chloe slurred into Beca's eat before grabbing her hand and leading her to the dance floor where a very eager Stacie was pressed up against Aubrey dancing and having fun.
Before long, Beca and Chloe were just the same, except there was much more inappropriate dancing, which sober Beca would definitely not do. But the pair were having a good time, that's all that mattered to Beca at the time.
"Becaaaa, let's go home I'm boredddd," Chloe whined. As she grabbed Becas hand and led them to Stace and Aubrey.
"We're goin' home!" Beca shouted at the pair who just nodded and waved before going back to their dancing. 'Something is definitely going on between those two' Beca thought.
As the two stumbled out of the bar and began walking back to Chloe's house, they linked arms and began using eachother for support as they could barely walk straight without support.

They got back to Chloe's house and after much struggle, Chloe unlocked her door and led Beca in, tugging on her hand that she had interlocked.
"Chloe, I can't stay here, shuurley, this is your home," Beca pointed to the floor before grinning up at Chloe.
"Well you ain't driving whilst your like this missy, you can shleep over!! Yesss, come on we're going to bed its late," Chloe began dragging Beca towards her room.
"Chlo, this is your room, I'll sleep on the sofa." Beca smiled. Not that she wouldn't love to share a bed with Chloe but with the alcohol in her system she may not be able to control her actions.
"No way Becaa, it's fine, trust me, it's just sleeping, plus my couch is like totes uncomfy, we don't want you getting sore do we!" Chloe laughed as she threw some clothes to Beca, "Put these on." Beca obliged and soon after crawled into bed next to Chloe. Beca immediately felt Chloe pull her closer by her waist and snuggle close into the crook of her neck. Chloe's smell fills Beca's nose as she inhales. Chloe smelt amazing, a mixture of flowers and a summers day, Beca loved it.

- - - - -
It must've been way past midnight when Beca felt eyes on her. She didn't want to open her eyes to meet the look of Chloe, plus she was sure Chloe would just re-adjust herself then go back to sleep. Until she heard Chloe talk,
"Becs, I know your asleep but I really need to tell you this before I eventually blurt it out and scare you off forever when we're both awake." Beca was confused but kept her eyes closed and she could feel the gentle stroke as Chloe ran her hand through her brown locks. "I-I like you... A lot, like a lot a lot, and yes I am sober right now. So, it's weird, because I never thought I'd like you in this way and I thought we'd just be best mates. But I guess I have a crush on you, so err yeah. There you go..." Chloe sighed and cuddled back up to Beca. "Goodnight Becs," Chloe kissed the spot where her head rested and soon fell asleep to the gentle rise and fall of Beca's chest.
Least to say Beca didn't sleep that much that night.