Chapter 28: It's a Surprise

It was around 8:30am when Beca's alarm rang from her bedside, she swatted at it with her hand and snuggled back into the covers for a while. Ten minutes later when her alarm sounded yet again she groaned,
"Ok, ok... I'm getting up!" She sighed, swinging her legs over the side of her bed and eventually trudging into the kitchen.
After the brunette had eaten a quick breakfast and showered, she tied her wet hair into a messy bun and looked at her wardrobe, she had totally forgot to leave out an outfit so most of them were in her suitcase. She rubbed her face with her hands and looked for something to wear. She eventually found some denim shorts and a simple t-shirt so she put them on before grabbing a  jumper, which she'd stolen from Chloe's house one night, and chucked it on top of her suitcase before finishing up.

It was just before 10 when Beca pulled up outside Chloe's door, she hopped out of her car and went to knock, the door swinging open.
"Awh, look at you all on time!" Chloe joked. Beca simply rolled her eyes before Chloe leaned in and lightly pecked Beca on her lips.
"Ready to go?" Beca asked. After Chloe nodded she took her suitcase from her and let Chloe have one last check around in her home for anything she needed or wanted. Afterwards, Chloe followed her girlfriend to the car and jumped into the passenger seat, sticking her head over the back so she could see Beca through the boot.
"What a gentleman," she laughed.
"Anything for you," Beca winked and smiled before shutting the boot and clambering into the drivers seat, "away we go!" She sung as she started the engine, "you ready?" She asked.
"As I'll ever be," Chloe smiled, Beca pulled away from her house and the pair were finally on their way.

It wasn't a long journey, around two and a half hours. An hour in and Chloe turned the music down to which they had been listening to, singing to and chatting over for the past hour.
"Question time!" She smiled.
"Eh?" Beca made a face towards Chloe, quickly switching her view to look back to the road.
"Well I guess it's like 21 questions but it hasn't got a limit and you just ask question... It's another way of getting to know you and more about the thing we never talk about," Chloe suggested, "up for it?"
"Sure, why not," Beca smiled.
"Ok, so... Favourite colour?" Chloe asked.
"Well I would say black but some people don't really class it as a colour so, blue," Beca explained, Chloe simply nodded her head with a smile, "how about you?"
"Errr, I like lighter blue because it matches my eyes when I wear it," the pair laughed.
"Ever... Had any pets?" Chloe asked.
"A dog when I was three. Biggest fear?" Beca looked mischievously.
"Heights. Yours?"
"Piers," Beca said nonchalantly.
"Piers! What about piers?"
"Well you know when you go to an old place and there's a really long pier, I always used to have to walk down them with my friends and the planks would creak and have splits in them. Ever since I've been scared to go to the end of a pier," Beca shrugged.
"Oh okay... I see what you mean,"
"Yeah, ok erm... Where are your parents?" Beca asked softly. Chloe and spoken about her parents lots but never once mentioned where they were really.
"Well, when we had our tour, I said they were back in my home town and they were there visiting my grandparents for about 4 months in New Haven, Connecticut, but now they're back where they actually live. They live out in Kingston, New York." Chloe explained.
"Woah, you must have done quite a lot of moving and travelling and that then," Beca said.
"Yeah, I only lived in Connecticut for about 6 years, then my dad got a promotion so we had to move. I didn't mind really, I had a few friends in Connecticut but I was only six so it didn't really matter. My mum got s good job over in Kingston so that was good as well, I went to college, met more friends, got a few little jobs, travelled to Maine and found Barden and here I am!" Chloe explained.
"Wow," Beca replied, "that's pretty cool, is you're family well off then? I mean if they could afford to just move and risk your mothers job and if you could go to college and then move here and get your house!" Beca asked.
"Let's just say my father likes to spoil his only daughter, I like to be independent but I kind of needed his help to get this far... But now I'm here I tend to not need to ask him for much at all, I have all I need here," Chloe said as she placed a hand on Beca's thigh.
"Sweet, wait you said only daughter... You have a brother? And are you going to see them these holidays?" Beca asked, smiling.
"Oh yeah, I have a younger brother, he's 19 at the moment, Nathan. My family? Well no, not technically... My mum is coming here with my brother for a little while actually but my father has to stay and work, I'll go to theirs for Christmas maybe and see father, I went in our week off in February actually," Chloe explained.
"You did?" Beca asked.
"Yeah, well we weren't together at that time so I guess I just never told you," Chloe shrugged.
"Okay, so when are your mum and brother coming?"
"2 weeks," Chloe smiled, "I'm so excited,"
"That'll be nice," Beca smiled.
"Beca... You want to meet them?" Chloe asked.
"I'd love to they sound awesome but.., are you sure? Will they like me?" Beca asked.
"Relax, when I went in February I told them a little bit about you because I kind of had a crush on you and then when we got together officially... I might of skyped and told them all about you... They really wanna meet you?" Chloe said nervously, she didn't want Beca to overreact.
"Dude! As flattering as that is, I now have to live up to what they know about me!" She laughed.
"Wait... So you'll meet them?" Chloe asked with a smile.
"Sure Chlo," Beca smiled as Chloe kissed her on the cheek.

"You see you don't actually realise that because of all this chatting we're almost there," Beca laughed. Her and Chloe had been chatting for a little more than an hour and they were nearing the cabin. Beca pulled out a scarf from behind her and passed it to Chloe.
"Now I promise you I'm not murdering you," Beca winked, "but put this on as I blindfold, I really want to see you're reaction when you see the place. It'll be a surprise... Please, for me babe," Beca pleaded as Chloe simply turned the scarf in her hands.
"As long as you keep talking to me, I will."
"Yay, thank you," Beca smiled as Chloe tied the scarf and put it over her eyes.

20 minutes later, Beca pulled in to the pairs cabin, she had to stop by at the main cabin to get the keys and have a quick chat with the owner, but it didn't take long and Chloe still had no idea where they were.
"Chlo, we're here..." Beca smiled as she took her girlfriends hand and led her out of the car, she stood the redhead in front of the cabin and gently took off Chloe's blindfold scarf...

A/N:
I told you I knew nothing about America! I did find out 'Barden' is in Georgia... But for the story's sake it's it Maine! I could change it but it would confuse me too much! So sorry!