Chapter 22: Catch up

It was 10 on sunday morning and Beca had just rolled out of bed. She showered, chucked on some shorts and a baggy tee and tied her hair up in a loose bun before going to make herself some breakfast.
As her toaster signalled her toast was ready her phone charmed, she swiped it off the counter and picked it up, grabbing her toast and spreading some jam over it. She had a text from Jesse,

Jesse: Hey Becs, I was just thinking we haven't had a day together for so long n I kinda miss our time together y'know... Fancy doing something today?! X
Me: Sure Jess, come over for the day? I don't feel like going out. We'll order pizza and binge watch our favourite programmes, I know you love it! Missed you too bro, get your ass over. X
Jesse: I'll be over in 30, bringing movies!! X
Me: Urgh ;) X

Beca smiled. She had hardly realised that with all the stuff going on at school and with Chloe that she had forgotten to spend much time with Jesse, many of her weekends now being taken up by Chloe, sometimes stuff to do with Barden and quick visits to see her father and her step mum Sheila. She was looking forward to seeing Jesse and having a good catch up with him, he always made Beca smile.

Beca had just decided to put on some sweats as they were more comfortable and had blow dried her hair, opting to leave it down, even though it looked a bit frizzy. Jesse knocked on her door and she let him in. He eagerly walked in and dumped a carrier bag on Beca's counter.
"Chocolate, strawberries, candy and movies... I'm sorted," Jesse smiled as he began pulling out items from the bag.
"Damn you really are prepared," Beca laughed as she took a strawberry and popped it into her mouth, "Oooh these are good." Jesse simply smiled as he made his way to Beca's couch, followed by the brunette. He immediately set up a DVD, not telling Beca what it was. She quirked an eyebrow and he simply smiled and tapped the space next to him for Beca to sit in, she sighed and obliged, fixing her gaze upon the television, waiting for clues as to what the film was.

When the opening titles to 'Finding Nemo' came on the screen Beca laughed.
"Ok so I can't really complain I guess but Finding Nemo?" She laughed.
"I know you kinda like cartoons especially ones from when you were younger so I brought a few from home," he smiled.
"Fair enough dude," Beca relaxed I to the couch, pulling her feet up underneath her and began to watch the film.

Around halfway through, Beca decided she was hungry,
"Dude I'm going to get food what do you want?" Beca asked as she got up from the couch.
"Surprise me," he winked and laughed causing Beca to roll her eyes as she walked into her kitchen. From the coffee table in the lounge Beca's phone chimed,
"Oh hey, Becs you have a text," Jesse spoke up.
"Urgh read it to me, it's fine." Beca said nonchalantly.
"It's from Chloe," he started. As soon as the redheads name was heard something in Beca's head clicked,
"Uuuh, yeah? Alright," she said nervously, hoping that Chloe hadn't said anything about them. It want that she didn't want to tell Jesse it was just that keeping her and Chloe a secret was fun at the moment.
"Well... Becs she said she wants to say thanks again for going out with her last night, that she had a lot of fun and she asked if you're free to hang out at hers tomorrow..." Jesse appeared in the doorway, holding Beca's iPhone with a quirked eyebrow.
"Mmhm oh okay, I'll just reply to that then," Beca took the phone from Jesse's hand with a slight blush and began typing, not daring to glance up at the look Jesse was giving her.

"Dude! Where'd you go!" He asked excitedly.
"No where Jess,"
"Oh no no no, you're not getting away like that I know you went somewhere dude!"
"It was just a um, mmm, yeah" Beca mumbled quietly.
"Well what the heck is an mmm!"
"Urgh! A date okay! We went on a date," Beca said raising her voice so Jesse could hear her loud and clear and gently smiling. Jesse wolf whistled and then just smiled at Beca.
"Are you two finally together?" He groaned.
"Mmm maybe," Beca smirked.
"It took about time!" He laughed as he swung his arm around Beca, "congrats buddy,"
"I never said we were actually together!" She chuckled.
"Yeah... But you are aren't you..." Beca laughed before replying,
"Well, yeeah," she smiled.
"Wahey! Knew it, sweet... And don't worry I won't tell anyone, not even Bree and Stace, unless they know already anyways." He smiled.
"Thanks, me n Chlo are keeping it low at the moment so no they don't know." Jesse nodded at this and the pair just went back to their usual banter. Beca melted a bar of chocolate and Jesse grabbed the strawberries and the pair settled back in the sofa and resumed their film.

The pair watched a few other movies from Jesse's bag, all in all Beca enjoyed most of them and simply tolerated the others. They chattered lightly through the films about random topics and Beca found it good that they caught up, life had been a bit hectic.
"Oh Jess! We have new news, on the day that you 'overslept' me and Chlo were talking to Aubrey and she actually admitted to liking Stace! We finally have a solid answer and now we can try and subtly set them up or get them to admit it to eachother," Beca said excitedly.
"Woah! Yes, that's awesome. We'll have to think of something, I'll definitely talk to Stacie soon just I make sure." He smiled.
"Sweet." Beca chuckled.

Jesse left a bit after the pair had ordered pizza for lunch, leaving Beca alone at her house. She found her laptop and blue toothed it to her Bose sound system. She got up a list of her mixes and hit shuffle, her apartment was then filled with the beat of '212' and 'Bust A Move'. She sat for a while scrolling through her Instagram and Twitter, obviously checking up on her favourite DJ ever, Calvin Harris. It was then that her phone chimed, she opened her messages seeing she had two new messages, one from Jesse and one from Chloe, she quickly read them and typed her response to them both.

Jesse: Hey Becs, I think I left one of my movies at your place.. Could I have it back on Monday please? Thanks for today it was good to catch up :) x
Me: You knob, but yeah sure I'll drop it back to you Monday. No problem, good to see you again :) x

Beale: Becaaaaa, I'm boredddd xx
Me: Dude, how old are you? 4? Xx
Beale: Oh excuse me missy. I'm coming over heheh, get ready. Xx
Me: oh and who gave you permission to do that hey? X

It was then that Beca heard a knock on her door, she rose from the sofa and tucked her phone in her pocket,
"Jesse, I'll drop your damn movie back on Monday I'm having my me time!" She groaned as she swung the door open.
"Incredibly sorry to interrupt your 'me time' Mitchell. I thought you wouldn't mind seeing your smoking hot girlfriend though," Chloe said with a chuckle.
"Oh you know I would never turn that down... Have you seen her by the way I'm not sure where she's got too,"Beca laughed as she stuck her head out of the door and looked down the corridor. She pulled back with a light smile,
"Oh well, guess I'll have to put up with you for a bit until she comes," Beca said continuing the joke as she stepped aside to let the redhead in. She was mocking offence but Beca leaned in to give her a sweet kiss, which made Chloe crack into a wide smile.
"You're such a dork," she smiled, pecking Beca again on her lips.
"Oh wait! I found her," Beca smiled as she followed Chloe into her apartment and snaked her arms around the girls waist from behind.
"That's more like it... I like this mix," Chloe smiled as she sunk into the brunettes touch. Beca forgot that her mixes had been playing and blushed slightly.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with both women just relaxing and enjoying each others presence, more of Beca's mixes were played and the brunette DJ even showed Chloe how to play a few songs on the piano. She couldn't deny that Chloe had the 'knack', she had previously had a link with music so the rhythm and timing was easy and she seemed to know where to put her fingers, 'Always a good thing Mitchell, always a good thing!' Beca thought to herself as she gave out a small laugh.
Chloe left just before 6 as it was Monday tomorrow and both women had to work, much to Beca's protests.
"We'll call in sick c'mon Chlo I wanna go to sleep and I need a cuddle partner," she whined.
"Woah. Beca Mitchell wants a cuddle partner Awh. As much as I'd love to say yes," Chloe smiled with a wink, "I can't Becs and you know it." Chloe approached Beca and gave her a kiss on her lips then on her cheek before saying goodbye.