Chapter 50: Tradition

A/N: I really struggled with this chapter that's why it's late, sorry!

"You will not believe the class I just had," Jesse rolled his eyes as he slumped in a plastic chair in the music hall.
"What happened," Beca asked bluntly, not even lifting her eyes from her laptop.
"You know Bumper right?" Jesse asked.
"Yeah, talented musician but..."
"Has it in for every other subject!" Jesse moaned.
"He likes drama," Beca smirked as she lifted her eyes to glance at Jesse.
"He likes Chloe." Jesse stated in response as he cocked an eyebrow at Beca.
"Excuse me?"
"Hey don't have a go at me, he thinks she's hot, overhead him in class didn't I," Jesse mock surrendered under Beca's glare.
"Well I think he needs to bloody find someone his own age," Beca quipped.
"I'm right behind you on that," Jesse nodded, "we heading off?" Jesse asked as he stood to lean against Beca's desk. Who nodded slowly as she shut the lid of her laptop and slid it into her bag. The pair walked side by side to the door and Beca switched off the lights of the hall and locked the door behind her.
As the pair went past the Drama studio, Jesse gave three large knocks on the door before continuing. A few minutes later the brunette's were joined by Chloe.
"How'd I know you'd do that Swanson," she smirked as she linked her hand with Beca's.
"It's become tradition, anyways, pizza's on me, didn't want you to miss out did I?" He grinned.
"That'd be just awful," Beca droned.
"You know you love it babe," Chloe winked.
"Ride in my car?" Beca asked as they approached the car park.
"Only if you put your mixes on, new ones as well," Jesse smiled as he nudged Beca's shoulder.
"If you're lucky, Jess,"

The trio arrived at the restaurant and slid into a booth, ordering a large pizza between them.
"No Bree or Stace?" Chloe asked.
"Well, 'girls night in apparently', whatever happens in them," Jesse shrugged and Chloe and Beca laughed.
"Take a wild guess," Beca said.
"Well I would've said nails and romantic comedies but by the looks of your faces it would seem that those two aren't leaving the sheets all night," he laughed.
"Who's to say they're in the sheets," Chloe pondered.
"Ok that's enough of that I'm scarred enough already," Jesse rolled his eyes.
"How's Eleanor?" Beca asked, changing the subject.
"Yeah she's good, date night on Friday and I'm taking her to the movies then we might go for a little walk," Jesse shrugged.
"Beca takes me on walks," Chloe added.
"They're fun and can be romantic," Beca said.
"Oh, Becs is being romantic now is she? Chloe what have you done to her!" Jesse teased.
"Lots of stuff you don't wanna know," Beca winked at Chloe and after seeing how red Jesse's face got she added a quick quip, "payback."
Just after, the waitress arrived who they thanked as she gave them their pizza, which they devoured between the three of them.
"I'll drop you back to Barden," Beca stated as she slid into the drivers seat.
"No I thought I was going to fly there,"
"Shut it Swanson or you can walk," Beca grumbled as she put her keys in the ignition and drove out of the parking lot, Chloe's hand resting on her knee as usual.

"Hey, when did you last see your friend, Amy? Fat Amy?" Chloe asked as the pair were on their way back to their place.
"About 2 months before you came to Barden, but I do Skype her now and again, she lives over in Australia though so, good luck with that on teacher wages," Beca laughed.
"I'll jump in on a call some time," the redhead winked, "and how about Jessica?"
"I'm surprised you're remembering all this, well I literally talked to her on the phone the other day," Beca shrugged.
"Ohhh, alright,"
"And how about you with Cynthia Rose?" Beca quirked an eyebrow.
"I'm not the only one who's remembering. I haven't talked to her face to face in... 2 years! And called her last around 6 months ago, she's happy in the force and met herself a woman," Chloe grinned.
"How fancy," Beca hummed as she cut the ignition and slung her laptop bag over her shoulder before locking her car after Chloe and entering the home.

"Supergirl?" Chloe questioned as she flicked through Beca's Netflix account, "hey, babe, what's this?" she called as she leant her head back and waited for the brunette, who slowly rounded the corner with her hair in a bun and pen in her hand.
"Oh, that, good programme, you should check it out," she said as she leant down to Chloe, "it's got lesbo's in it," she whispered as she laughed and placed a kiss on Chloe's head, "and they're pretty hot," she added.
"Sorry what was that?" Chloe asked as she read the synopsis.
"I said they're really hot," Beca teased as she swiped the remote and pressed play, "see, proper smoking," she added with s chuckle as she saw the pout on Chloe's face.
"You bully me," Chloe mumbled.
"Who wouldn't stop calling me and elf over Christmas?" Beca asked.
"I'm allowed to I'm older..?" Chloe questioned herself and Beca let out a chuckle.
"Wouldn't have it any other way," Beca grinned as she walked out of the room, "oh and by the way," she said as she stuck her head round the door, "they don't hold a candle to you babe," she grinned.