Chapter 20: Revelations

Beca and Chloe had decided the night after they officially got together that they should probably tell Beca's dad, after all he deserved to know on the professional level.
The pair were currently walking next to eachother on their way to Mr. Mitchell's office, both craving to just hold each others hands but not wanting anyone to know just yet.
"You're dad knows your gay right? This won't be a total surprise to him will it?" Chloe wondered as the pair neared his office.
"Oh yeah he knows and he's fine with it, he was a bit iffy at the start but then he was fine with it, whereas my mum totally supported me whatever," Beca smiled and Chloe quickly gave her hand a quick squeeze before the brunette knocked on the door and the pair entered.
"Beca, oh and Chloe, nice to see you," Mr. Mitchell began with a smile as he gestured to the two chairs in front of his desk, inviting them to sit down. They both said hello back and after exchanging a glance Beca spoke up,
"So we came here not for something especially work related but I thought you should know," she began, fiddling with her fingernails as she spoke.
"Beca what is it, i know when you're nervous about telling me something but it's okay," he chuckled to himself.
"Well, um, me and Chloe... We're kind of together." She looked up and made eye contact with her father.
"You kind of are or you are?" He chuckled.
"Oh yeah, we are, like fully," Beca smiled over as Chloe and she gave a reassuring smile.
"That's great Beca I'm happy for you both, I'm also glad you told me, it doesn't exactly change anything, just make sure your not too much at school but you know that. But Chloe you know what happens if you break my little girl's heart," he gave a stern glare at Chloe who's face turned from a smile to looking terrified, her job could be on the line.
"Relax Chlo, he's only joking!" Beca chuckled as she placed her hand on top of Chloe's and smiled at her, "dad you need to stop doing that!" She turned to her father who was simply smiling.
"Sorry Chloe, I don't mean it," he smiled sincerely at Chloe who just sighed with a slight smile,
"Thank you Mr Mitchell, I promise I'll never hurt Beca intentionally and I'll have her back through anything," Chloe said.
"Thank you Chloe that means a lot, and don't worry with the whole Mr Mitchell thing when it's just us, you can call me John." He stuck out his hand and Chloe shook it with a quick nod of her head. The two then left the office and headed to the staff room to meet with the there before their first class, it was still pretty early in the morning so they grabbed a cup of coffee on the way.

"Well that went well," Beca sighed as as slumped down on a sofa in the staff room, Chloe sat next to her.
"Yeah sure did, your dad was really nice to me... Well apart from his little joke," she laughed.
"Oh yeah, sorry about him he's a bit... Yeah," Beca trailed off.
"That's okay." Was Chloe's simple reply as she rested her head on Beca's shoulder.
"Hey, about what you said to my dad... Did you really mean that?" Beca asked as she played with the ring on her index finger, twisting it around her digit so the small knot went round in circles,
It was a gift from her mother.
"Course I did Becs, I'll stick by you through whatever and yeah I know that any couple will have fights and I'm not saying we won't but what I'm saying is that I will never give up on you without a fight. We'll help eachother through the bad times and celebrate the good ones, course I meant it." Chloe said as she took Beca's hand in her own and stroked her thumb over the girls knuckles.
"Woah Chlo that's really sweet. I'll stick by you too and even though I don't like to show my emotions too much or let my walls down I will for you, maybe not straight away but as we go on you'll see. You're different Chlo, your special and I will take as long as it takes for me to be able to show how much you mean to me," Beca brought the girls entwined hands up to her mouth and placed a light kiss on the back of Chloe's palm. In response the girl lifted her head and placed a sweet kiss on Beca's cheek before returning her head to the younger girls shoulder.
"Are we going to tell the others? Jesse, Aubrey, Stacie?" Chloe asked quietly.
"I'll probably have to tell Jesse given that we're so close, but I'll make sure he doesn't say anything to anyone and its up to you about Aubrey and Stacie, I'm fine with them knowing but it's your call babe,"
"Oooh I get a babe now do I?" Chloe laughed in response,"let's say if the topic comes up we'll tell them but if it doesn't then we can tell them at a later date and I'm okay with Jesse knowing, I trust him and know you two are close,"
"Course you get a babe," Beca smirked, "and that's a good idea, I agree." Chloe mumbled in response and snuggled closer into Beca, "you do realise we have to teach class soon you can't fall asleep on me yet Beale," Beca chuckled.
"Yet?" Chloe cocked an eyebrow and smirked at Beca.
"Urgh! You know what I mean, you're so annoying," she laughed as she pushed Chloe's head lightly with her hand before sticking her tongue out at her.

The two stayed in the staff room for a while, chatting with Stacie and Aubrey before a quick greeting to Jesse as he sauntered in, just making it on time.
"Almost late Swanson what's got into you?" Beca asked, faking a shocked expression.
"Oh shut up Becs, you'd be surprised to know that I overslept," he chuckled, "anyway I better go," he gave a quick wave to the girls and began making his way to the English class.
"I better be off too, I'm setting up practicals all day in order to 'get the kids more involved in Science' - it's gonna be great!" Stacie smiled as she waved to the three of them and excited the room.
"Bye Stace," Aubrey called after her, "coffee at lunch remember!" She laughed.
"Ooooh coffee with Stacie eh Posen," Beca smirked.
"What about it... It's, um, just coffee y'know," Aubrey stammered. Beca's eyes slightly widened at Aubrey's flustered state,
"Oh my gosh! Dude you totally like her!" Beca teased, laughing at how the blonde's cheeks reddened slightly.
"No I do not Mitchell," she said firmly.
"Yeaaaah... You might as well admit it Posen you two eye fuck eachother all the time. Right chlo?" Beca turned to the redhead stood next to her, observing the exchange.
"Don't get me in on this Becs!" She laughed. Beca simply smiled at her and turned her attention back to Aubrey.
"So... Posen likes Conrad huh?" She smiled lightly.
"Urgh! Okay yes I do, big deal." Aubrey sighed.
"Knew it! Good for you though Bree, good for you," Beca nodded her head at Aubrey who just smiled in response.

The trio departed soon after to start the school day, Chloe and Beca feeling on top of the world knowing that Beca's dad approved of their relationship and with the newfound information that it was true that in fact Aubrey does have the hots for the leggy science teacher.