Chapter 49: That street

A/N: I'm thinking of wrapping this story up in maybe 3-6 more chapters.. but for now, time jump!

6 Months Later, March:
"Hey, chlo," Beca stuck her head around the door of the pairs bedroom with a smile.
"Right here," Chloe grinned back, "what's up,"
"Fancy going for a casual Sunday morning walk? It's really mild out," Beca shrugged.
"Yeah sounds good, I'll be out in a sec," Chloe nodded and Beca disappeared to pull on her boots and fling on a loose fitted jumper over her vest.
Once Chloe came out and slipped her shoes on, Beca linked their fingers and strolled outside with a smile.
"Where we going?" Asked Chloe.
"You'll see," Beca shrugged as she lead the way down the street.
"Ooh, a mystery," Chloe laughed.
"Just call me Sherlock," the brunette smirked.

After the pair had been walking for a while they came to a quiet street, Beca cocked her eyebrow towards Chloe as they turned and started walking, slowly Beca dragged Chloe into the middle of the street, aware that there were no cars in sight.
"Remember?" Beca asked when Chloe hadn't said anything, the redhead looked around for a while before smiling with a light chuckle.
"Our street," she laughed lightly.
"Yeah, I guess so.. I like this place, especially around this time, and I took you here last year and we must've been here about 5 times since then," Beca shrugged as she glanced towards the sun, swinging their joined hands up and down with a grin.
"You're so dorky," Chloe laughed as she squeezed Beca's hand who simply hummed as she looking again towards the sky, framed by the auburn and green colours of the leaves of the trees that lined the street.
"For a simple street, it's really pretty," Beca said.
"Like something else I know,"
"Mmhmm?"
"Yeah, Bree looked really nice yesterday didn't she," Chloe laughed and Beca shoved her gently with a chuckle. They continued to stroll slowly down the street until Chloe took her phone out slowly and snapped a quick picture of Beca.
"Hey!" Beca swatted Chloe's arm.
"Sorry, couldn't resist," Chloe grinned as she brought up the picture and glanced at it, the brunette was again staring at the sky with a smile tracing her features and the leaves could be seen from the corner of the photo.
"Payback's a bitch," Beca grinned as she snapped a picture of Chloe as her hair stood out against the green of the leaves. Chloe laughed and gently shook her head, linking her hand back with Beca's and pulling her to the end of the street.

Once back at their home, the pair were sat on the couch watching Breaking Bad as Beca ran her hand through redhead curls as Chloe's head rested on her lap.
"Hey, Chlo I gotta go make a call," Beca said as she suddenly thought of something.
"Alright," Chloe replied as she lifted her head off of Beca's lap, who dropped a small kiss on her cheek, grabbed her phone off the coffee table and disappeared into the bedroom, closing the door behind her she rang Jesse's number.
"Hey Jess..... yeah, look I've had a change of plan, I'm hopefully going solo, but I'll let you know if it changes again, you know how I am.... Yeah I think I know..." The pair continued to talk for a few minutes before Beca returned to the couch with a glass of water.
"Quick call," Chloe stated lightly.
"Just had to tell my dad something I remembered," Beca shrugged.
"Mmhmm, what was it?" Chloe asked as she took Beca's hand in her own.
"Something about mom, don't worry Chlo it's fine," Beca lied and Chloe gave out a nod as the pair settled back into the couch.

- - - - -
Chloe woke up that Monday morning and stretched her hand out to knock the top of her alarm clock and groaned, stretching her arms above her.
"Morning Becs," she mumbled. No reply. "Beca?" Chloe asked as she opened her eyes to see that Beca wasn't in bed, and had never got up before the alarm before. Chloe swung her legs around the bed and sighed.
"Well, what happened here?" Chloe asked with a chuckle as she prodded Beca's arms. She'd found the brunette curled up on the couch.
"No," Beca grumbled as she stretched her arm out to swat at Chloe, "what the-?" She groaned as she opened her eyes.
"Why am I on the couch?" Beca asked with a scowl.
"Beats me," Chloe shrugged, "although, remember ages ago when you woke up on the couch?"
"Yeahhh," Beca nodded slowly, "oh well, must be something wrong with me," she laughed.
"Maybe," Chloe grinned, "anyway we better get ready for work."
"Yes Miss Beale," Beca mock saluted Chloe with a grin and hopped off the couch, stretching as she walked into the kitchen.

"Hey you lot." Chloe, Beca and Jesse spun round to greet Aubrey and Stacie who'd waltzed into the staff lounge hand in hand.
"Well if it isn't Staubrey," Jesse grinned, causing Chloe to chuckle.
"Yeah! Bree, did you know they had a name for us, all along!" Stacie proclaimed.
"As a matter of fact I did actually," Aubrey laughed.
"And you never told me?" Aubrey asked.
"It's more fun this way," Stacie winked as she kissed Aubrey on the cheek.
"Plus, Chloe and Beca still don't know theirs so we can turn it around in them," Stacie whispered.
"Correction. Beca doesn't know yet," Chloe smirked.
"How on earth did you hear that!" Bree said.
"I couldn't," Jesse and Beca stated.
"What you get for being a teacher, sensitive hearing," Chloe laughed.
"So wait, you know?" Stacie asked as she cocked an eyebrow, "I know Jesse does,"
"Yup," Chloe nodded.
"Great, so I'm the only one who doesn't know. Let me in on it now, you've gotta," Beca stated dryly.
"It's nothing, just our name thing," Chloe used air quotes as she spoke.
"Oh yeah, I know that, Bechloe, if you ask me, Staubrey is much better," Beca laughed.
"So we all know, fair enough," Jesse shrugged.
"Yeah and now that's been... sorted, I believe my class starts soon so I have to dash," Chloe smiled.
"I'll join you," Beca stated as she picked up her laptop bag and trailed Chloe out of the staff room door, giving the others a quick wave.
"So how long did you know?" Chloe asked as they walked down the corridor.
"Oh well, Jesse told me around October after you started," Beca shrugged, "he knew I liked you so, well I don't really know how it came up but yeah... You?" Beca smiled.
"Mid-October I guess yeah," Chloe shrugged.
"How weird," Beca smiled, "right this is me, see you later," Beca gave a wink before disappearing into the music hall.