Chapter 9: Life Sucks

Beca had a headache, to say the least, she had woken up to the sounds of birds and cars passing... As she sighed and looked around she began to take in her surroundings, framed painting and pictures hung on the walls and a neat wardrobe and chest of drawers were placed at either side of the room. Beca then took time to look at the redhead that lay by her side.
Throughout the night, Chloe had somehow wormed her way down Beca's body and was now clutching around her stomach with her head resting on her lower chest, her red curls lay tousled about Beca's body. The brunette took in the way the gentle light reflected off of Chloe's tanned skin and made her look so calm and peaceful, the way she slept with a gentle smile on her lips yet with her eyebrows slightly creased as if she was contemplating something. Chloe's beauty was obvious. Beca glanced at the time, 7am! And it wasn't even a weekday.

Beca's POV:
As I twirled a loose lock of Chloe's red hair through my fingers i thought of what Chloe had said to me the night before. 'I like you a lot, a lot a lot' Chloe had said, and I wanted nothing but to open my eyes and just say 'I like you too Chlo,' and just kiss her like I have been wanting to for the past few weeks. But I couldn't, I was scared, what if I'd of done it and scared her off, I'd rather have Chloe as simply a friend then not have her in my life at all.
Now what do I do? She was sober, she said it herself so I can only assume it's true. Do I tell her I heard her? Or do I just confess my liking for her, even though I already know she likes me back? Urghhhh!
A perfect plan, that's what I need. But it's going to be hard to think with this splitting headache, I need advil and I'm pretty sure Chloe does too.

No-one's POV:
As Beca went to get up to get two glasses of water and some Advil, Chloe's grip tightened on her stomach.
"Stay," Chloe murmured as she buried her head into Beca's chest further.
"Um, Chloe. As much as this is.. Yeah.. I have a massive headache so I'm going to go get some tablets," Beca explained.
"Oh god! Beca?" Chloe's eyes shot open at the sound of Beca's voice, "Oh god I'm so sorry, sure, they're in the cupboard on the right."
"Okay, thanks. Morning by the way," Beca gave a light smile and a gentle nod at Chloe before leaving the room.

When Beca returned she had two glasses of water and some Advil for each of the girls.
"So what exactly happened last night, I don't remember much of the party and only the but when I practically begged you to come sleep in my bed, sorry about that by the way..." Chloe looked down at her glass before glancing up to meet Beca's stormy eyes.
"I'm going to be honest I don't remember either! But it's okay, it seemed normal for you anyways," Beca laughed as she smirked at Chloe.
"Hey!"
"Take it as a compliment, oh and you have a very tight grip sometimes woman!" Beca grinned. Chloe puffed out her chest and flexed her biceps at Beca looking proud before collapsing giggling.
"Weirdo," Beca sighed, eying Chloe still giggling on her duvet.

Beca rose from the bed and picked up her clothes from the chair across the room,
"Hey can I use your bathroom to change, I feel like I kinda need my own clothes back," Beca asked, gesturing to her 'pyjamas' which was really just an oversized t-shirt and very short shorts.
"Yeah sure," Chloe had to admit to herself, Beca looked hot in those shorts, and damn was she toned.
As Beca changed Chloe remember what she had said to Beca's sleeping self the night before and hid her head in her hands. She wasn't going to lie, she did feel much better having admitted it, but she could only wish that Beca had heard and liked her back so Chloe could finally kiss her crush. 'Life sucks,' Chloe thought to herself as she decided to get up and make some breakfast for the pair, it's the least she could do.

Beca came downstairs to the sight of Chloe in shorts and a tank top, with her hair tied in a messy bun atop her head, singing along to the radio whilst flipping pancakes. 'Man, she's still like super hot even after she's just woken up!' Beca thought as she stood in the kitchen doorway just watching Chlke as she pranced around the kitchen island. It took a few minutes for Chloe to realise Beca was standing there.
"Well don't just stand there Mitchell, pancakessss!" She sung, gesturing for Beca to have a seat in front of a neatly stacked pile of pancakes. Beca laughed as she sat down, not being able to resist indulging in the food set in front of her.

Once the smell of pancakes had left the house, Beca decided it was time for her to leave.
"Hey, Beale it's noon, I'm going to head off I still have a bit of work to prepare for the students on Monday. Thanks for the breakfast it was awesome." Beca called to the redhead from her place on the couch, grabbing her keys off the coffee table and heading to say goodbye to Chloe.
"That's okay, I'll see you tomorrow,
Thanks for last night Becs, it was fun," Chloe couldn't help but lunge at Beca for a hug, who immediately stiffened but soon relaxed into the embrace and returned the hug.
"See you Chlo," Beca gave a short wave before leaving the house and getting in her car.

'Man I've got the hots for her bad, damn it Mitchell!' Beca thought, shaking her head.