Chapter 2

I pulled up in the drive way. I let out a sigh of relief when didn't see Tony's car. I jogged up to the porch and before I could pull out the keys Peaches pulled me in. "Hurry up girl! You know Tony will be here soon." She said while closing the door behind us. The smell of Gumbo and sweetness hit me in the face and I couldn't help but to smile. "Mmmm. That smells so good Peaches." I said while walking towards the kitchen.

Peaches is my older sister. She adopted me as soon as our parents died. Then a couple months later she married Tony. It was cool at first but then he became abusive. "Yeah I know. Now go wash your hands before you go sticking yo nasty fingers in my food!" It was already too late. I had a mouth full of Bunyas and before I know it she was smacking my hands.
"Don't eat em all! You know Tony'll have a fit!" Me and Peaches jumped when we heard a car door slam outside. "Shit" she whispered.
I grabbed my stuff and was headed up stairs. Before I was halfway there I heard Tony come through the door. "PEACHES!" He bellowed. "In here baby cakes!" She yelled from the kitchen. I made it to my room, drop my stuff on the floor, and plopped down on my bed. I was slowly drifting off until I heard my phone ringing. "Uugghhh. Go awwwaayyy" I slurred in my pillow. I got up and picked up my phone. It was just Jenette.
"Hello?" I said.
"Cleo?" I heard her mumble.
"Yeah" I said a little annoyed.
"He cheated... Again."
I sighed. I was tired of playing counselor in her relationships. I had my own problems.
"I told you he would."
"Yeah I know but I didn't think he actually would!" I could tell she was upset. But I really didn't want to here it.
"Look, just calm down and tell me about it tomorrow." I faintly said.
"Fine, bye" and she hung up before I could speak.
"Well damn." I whispered.

A/N
Sorry if my chapters are too short. This writing thing is kinda new to me. Vote, recommend, comment, and follow me on Instagram @princess_mariiiii