Chapter 7

"You don't have to go to school today baby cakes. You can stay home" Peaches insisted.
"I really can't. I have test in most of my classes." I couldn't skip school. Not today at least. I really should rest though, but after last night I don't think I'm ever going to get any rest.
I stuffed my face with eggs and washed them down with orange juice.
"I'll see you after school." I mumbled. I kissed her forehead and walked out the door. I got in my car but I couldn't start it. I couldn't even move. I was paralyzed by the thoughts of last night. Images of Tony's dead body roamed through my brain. I felt sorry for him, dieing that way at least. But I wasn't sorry he was dead. I was thrilled. No more problems. No more him.
I shook out the thoughts and started the car. I needed to get school. I've never been late.

School
I was the first one in second period class. I sat down and took out my notebooks. Soon other students started to come in. Zeph and his friends walked in class laughing and playing. His smile was so beautiful. This and fourth period were the only times I saw Zeph and I cherished each one.
"Alright class, today I'm going to assign a different kind of project." My home economic teacher, Ms. Phillips, said.
"Today I'm going to assign you a partner. The partners will consist of one boy and one girl since there's an equal amount of both."
The class filled with "oooo's" and "aahhhh's" from the students.
"Ok ok settle down. The project is called Marriage. I will give each set of partners a camera. I want you to document your "Marriage" starting from the wedding. Of course I'm not asking you to have sex with your partners, I just want to see how fun and serious you can make this project. This will also count as your final grade. OK?"
The class filled with "yeah's" and noddings of agreements.
"Alright let's get your partners." Ms. Phillips grabbed two bowls with little papers in them. One labeled girls the other labeled boys.
"When I pull out your name that's your partner." Ms. Phillips started to pull out name...

Zeph's POV
I couldn't stop staring at her. Cleo is so beautiful. Her eyes are amazing. Its like there hazel, with hints of green. Her skin was like cream. You could tell she was mixed. My little Mulatto girl. I would call her that if she were mine.
"Zeph and Cleo" I heard Ms. Phillips say.
"Ooooo" the whole class said. I had forgotten she was picking partners.
"Zeph? Zephaniah?"
"Ma'am?"
"Is there a problem?" Ms. Phillips asked me.
"No ma'am"
"Good"
Its like Ms. Phillips read my mind. Now Cleo would be mine. For two weeks at least. The bell rang and the class got empty real quick. I started to leave but I saw Cleo still packing her things. I decided to go over and talk to her.

Cleo POV
I was packing my stuff when Zeph came over to me. I was still grasping that fact that he was my partner. My pretend husband. Ms. Phillips said the project will last for two weeks. And we would present the video footage on that Friday.
"Hey" he said casually.
I looked up nervously. He had the warming smile on him.
"Hi" I said.
"So since your going to be my wife I might as well walk you to class." He said with a chuckle. I giggled. I couldn't believe he was talking to me.
"Uhh ok." I stammered.
We were quiet the way there until Zeph spoke.
"So would you like to come over? You know for the project?"
I blushed.
"Umm. I'm sure my sister doesn't mind you coming over to my house. I have a pretty big back yard. We could do the wedding there."
"Thats perfect. Here's my number. Just text me the address." He slipped me a piece of paper.
"Ttt-thanks" I stammered.
"Cool. See ya"
"Bye"
Oh my God. OH MY GOD! Zeph just gave me his number and he's coming over to my house to get married. Well it's not a real wedding but it's good enough. This is going to be the best two weeks ever. Or so I thought....

A/N
So yeah hope you liked it and remember to vote, comment, recommend and follow me on instagram @princess_mariiiii