Chapter 8

All day I've been counting down the time. When Zeph saw me in fourth block, he decided it would be best to just follow me in his car to my house. Of course I agreed. I had given him my number and told him to text me when he was ready.
As soon as the last bell of the day rang, I was the first one out of class. I jogged for my car, got in, and waited. 5 minutes went by and I heard my phone start to ring. It was Zeph.
"Hello? " I quickly answered.
"Hey. I'm right behind you" he said.
I looked in the rear view mirror and he was smiling.
"Ok. Um just follow me." I said a little scared.
"Lead the way." Then he hung up.
I started my car and started driving....

Home
When we pulled up Peach's car wasn't there. She must be working extra shifts. I got out and walked over to Zeph's car.
"Hey. So umm my sister isn't here but you can still come in if you want." I said.
"Its cool. Your house is pretty big." He said with astonishment.
"Ttt-thanks" I mumbled. I led him inside the house.
"This is the living room. The kitchens right through there. The bathrooms over there and over here is the stairs."
"Your house is really nice Cleo" I turned around and he was smiling at me. I blushed really hard.
"Uhh thanks."

Zeph's POV
Her house is absolutely amazing. Some people would probably call this average, but it's more than I ever had. I was examing the pictures on the wall, but I kept seeing the same lady over and over again. She looked a little young to be Cleo's mom.
"Hey. Is this your mom? " I asked.
"No. Thats my sister, Catherine, but everyone calls her Peaches." She said. Cleo was in the picture to. In the picture they were at the beach. Her sister had on a swim suit, but Cleo was fully clothed. Now that I think about it, it was like that on all the pictures she was in. I knew she wore big clothes to school but I didn't know this was a every day thing for her.
"Don't you ever get hot?" I asked out of the blue. She looked at me, blushing, and started to smile.
"What?" She asked nervously. I quickly knew what she was thinking. I chuckled. Cleo is so cute when she blushes.
"I mean with all those clothes on. You dress like it's fall or winter everyday. Even when it's warm outside." Cleo looked at me and then down at her feet. She shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know. Sometimes I guess." She mumble. Now I was confused.
"Then why won't you-
"Its a long story, ok? " she interrupted. I could tell she didn't want to talk about it. I just stared at her.
"Sorry. I just... it's just that.... it's personal. Not really something I like to talk about."
"Its fine I understand."
For a while we just sat on the couch in silence. Then I thought about the project.

Cleo POV
"Oh. Do you have a dress or something. You know for the "wedding"?" Zeph asked breaking yet another awkward silence.
"Do I have to wear one?" I begged. Zeph smiled and shook his head. Good. I only owned one dress and it was the one my mom left for me in her will.
I looked at the clock. Time had went by so fast.
"It's getting late and it's already a little dark outside. Should we just do the wedding inside?" I asked.
"Sure if you want" Zeph then got up and walked towards the stairs.
"Can I?" He asked, motioning up the stairs.
"Yyy-yeah. Go ahead." I've never had a boy in my house before let alone upstairs. He walked upstairs and I followed. When Zeph reached the top he stopped, looked around, and his eyes stopped directly on my room door.
He pointed "Yours?" He asked.
I nodded my head. When he walked through my door he gasp.
"What?" I asked. Was my room dirty to him? I always tried to keep it clean. Was it to weird? Did it scare him?
"Perfect" I heard him whisper.

Zeph's POV
Cleo's room was beyond amazing. It was painted different colors of yellows and pinks. But mostly green. She had a full recording set in one corner of her room. There was a laptop over there, a piano, a microphone with a stand, and what looked like a beat maker. Her T.V. was mounted on the wall and she had a Xbox. Cleo's bed was huge, too big for her at least, and she had pictures of singers and artists everywhere. There was a couch in another corner and her closet was full of clothes. And I'm not even going to mention how beautiful the bathroom was.
"All of this is yours?" I asked still amazed.
"Yes. My sister likes to buy me nice things." She said looking down at her feet. While she was looking down, I noticed something on her wrist.
"Whats that?" I asked pointing towards it.
Cleo POV
Oh no. He noticed. Zeph noticed one of my scars. I knew I should have put on a sweater over this shirt. I mean it was long sleeve, but sometimes the sleeves would crawl up my arm and I had to keep pulling it down.
"Umm. Its nothing. Lets get to work." I said grabbing a sweater. That was close. Too close. I can't let him see. If I let Zeph see then he'll be disgusted. Then the whole school will know what a freak I am. A monster. I can't let that happen.

A/N
That was close huh? Hope you liked it. Remember to vote, comment, recommend, and follow me on Instagram @princess_mariiiii