Chapter 5

I got out of the car and slowly made my way up to the porch. I felt Tony looking at me, but I didn't look back. It would only show how scared I was. As I reached for the front door knob I felt him smack my butt. I turned around and he smirked at me blowing smoke in my face.
"Problem?" He asked.
"No" I said through gritted teeth.
"No what?" He said in a stern voice.
"No sir" I mumbled.
A wave of anger rushed through my veins and next thing I know I'm slapping him in his face. Tony's blunt fell to the ground. He slowly looked at me and started to laugh.
"Oh you done did it now baby girl" he said.
When I realized what happen I rushed to open the door. I grabbed the knob, but before I could turn it he had me tightly around the waste, tugging with all his strength. I let out a loud yelp and he slammed me against the door. I stepped on his foot as hard as I could.
"Ahh!" I semi yelled. He loosened his grip on me and I managed to break free. I opened the door and ran upstairs to my room as fast as I could. As soon as I slammed the door and locked it, Tony was banging hard on my door.
"CLEO!?! YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!!!" He screamed
I fell to my knees, tears rolling down my face, sobbing like a baby. The only thing I could do at this point was pray. I had very strong faith in God, but sometimes it felt like he wasn't there. But tonight he had to be. God just had to be.
"Lord please give me wings so I can fly far away from here." I whispered to my self.
"Oh God. I dont know what iv'e done, but please have mercy on me." The more I said my silent prayers, the less Tony banged and yelled. After a few minutes he stopped and I heard a him stomp away. I said a quick thank you to God and climbed onto my bed. I started to doze off, but my phone started ringing. I cleared my throat and picked up the phone.
"Hello?" I tried to sound as normal as possible.
"Hey Cleo. Can we talk?" I heard Jeanette's tired voice.
"Sure. What's up?"
"I Think I'm gonna break up with him."
"I've been telling you that for the longest."
"Well this time it's different. I really have opened my eyes."
"Thats good. Glad you can see now." I said while rubbing my still watery eyes.
"Was that a pun?" She asked. Jeanette hated puns.
"Hehe.. Maybe.." I said.
"Cleo sometimes I just don't know what to do with you." She sighed. I giggled a little and quickly stopped.
"Jenette?"
"Yeah?"
"Its Tony. He tried it again.." I mumbled.
"WHAT!?! Cleo you can't keep letting him do that! You have to tell someone."
I looked down at my feet embarrassed. I heard a faint knock on my door. I knew it was Peaches.
"I know, I know. Listen my sister just got home. I'll call ya later." I hung up before she could protest.
I went to the door and just stood there. What if it was Tony tricking me? I put my ear to the door and listened.
"Its ok sweetie. Its just me." I heard my sister whisper.
I hurriedly opened the door, pulled her in, closed and locked it back. She looked at me in confusion. I mouthed Tony's name and she just sighed.
"I'm sorry he keeps hurting you baby cakes." She said. I saw her eyes about to water.
"I wish he would leave." I said choking back the tears.
"I know, but we need him. We can't survive on our own." She said. I just nodded, understanding her reasoning.
"But don't worry, cause my boss says if I keep up the good work at the factory I'm gonna earn myself a raise." I could tell Peaches was excited.
"And I promise, after that, I will file a divorce and all this will be over with." I gave a small smile before hugging her. She hugged my back and started to hum that same tune from yesterday. She always hummed that little tune. I think our mama used to hum something like that when we were upset, but I could barily remember.
She loosened her hug and guided me to my bed. I layed down and she pulled the covers on me. Peaches kissed my forehead and headed towards the door.
"Peaches? " I called to her
"Hmm?" She said sounding more like singing.
"I love you too."

A/N
That was something huh? I hope you liked it. Don't forget to vote, comment, recommend, and follow me on Instagram @princess_mariiiii