Seven

Ed's POV:

What the heck was that ?!

I felt a stabbing pain in my arm and head. I had to get up, which was terribly hard with legs that felt like jelly. Was anyone else there? All the people who were singing with me just a second ago were gone. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I noticed someone near the stage. Seemed like a girl. She was probably around 17 to 18 years old. I pulled my hood over my head and walked in her direction. As I came nearer, I saw that she was crying.

"Hey, come here! We have to get out!", I screamed, now running and sniffing.

She looked at me and took some small steps towards me before she collapsed into my arms, crying even more. I cried with her. Oddly, I felt the stong urge to make sure she's safe.The fire was still burning, it was so hot that you thought you'd melt every moment. She looked so scared and she was cold, even though there was this fire everywhere. I took her on my back carefully and started running to the backstage area, always paying attention not to hurt the girl even more. We went through a couple of doors and finally got out of the arena. I let her down and took her in my arms again. She was repeating herself about a thousand times.

"Mom ! Tia! I need you!"

It may have seemed a bit crazy but I didn't care. She was safe.

"It's okay, I'm here and we are safe now. What's your name?"

"Elinnya."

She was sobbing on my hoodie.

"It's okay Elinnya, and by the way, I love that name."

She slowly calmed herself down. I pressed her to my chest.

"Come on, let's see if there's anyone who can help us."

Elinnya nodded and I let go of her. I heard alarms, so I expected the firefighters and police to be here soon. She still held my hand. An emergency arrived and a friendly looking woman came to us, opening her arms and saying :

"Come over please, we have to check if you too are alright! "

That's what we did. She gave us blankets and explained, while we were sitting at the car:

"She'll be alright. She should get some sleep and talk to the police as soon as possible. Same for you, Mr Sheeran. If you need it, there'll be psychologic help. Just call one of those numbers."

She gave us a card with several telephone numbers.

"Thanks. We appreciate that. Um ... another question. Can I take her with me?"

"Are you a family member? If not then I'm sorry but we'll have to take her."

"I am." I lied.

"Then go get some rest toghether. Bye!"

"Bye" I mumbled.

Why did I just lie? I didn't even know Elinnya. I was glad she didn't hear my name. She was pale and had black spots on her body, because of the fire. A plaster was on her forehead. Her scared, beautiful, clear green eyes made me want to hug her and never let go.

"Elinnya? I'll take you to my flat and we'll do something that makes you feel better if that's okay for you."

"Okay."

She was talking so little. But from what I could hear, I recognised a beautiful, soft voice. We walked to my driver's car side by side. Elinnya refused to be carried, but she was stumling and I was catching her every time she fell. We paused at an empty corner so I could call Stuart, my manager.

"Stu? Where are you?"

"I'm at the arena, Ed. The question is where are you ? I was really worried until your call!"

"I'm three streets away with a girl that survived. Can you and the driver come please? I need to sleep."

"Sure. By the way, 'the driver' has a name."

"I know but he's new and we don't talk that much, I didn't get a chance to know him. When will you be here?"

"Five minutes."

He ended the call before I could start a new sentence. I send him a message. Hey, I forgot: she doesn't know it's me. Please don't say anything, it would be a big favour. I'll explain later. Ed

As soon as they were here, we got the car and drove to my flat. During the ride, Elinnya slept in and I noticed the shine around her. She was so beautiful. Her green eyes, her chocolate brown hair and her soft skin made her seem like an angel. She was thin, which made her look like if you would push her too hard, she would break like porcellaine. Suddendly, I heard a noise. It was loud and deep, made the earth shake a bit. Noone talked. I knew this noise ... but only out of a movie. It sounded like a dragon.

Don't be silly Ed! It can't be real. You just survived a fire. That's too much for a day.

We were there. It started pouring rain.

Great. I'll have to take her through the rain. At least she's sleeping.

I covered up her body in my hoodie. I thanked Stu for the help and told him that I'll call the next day. Quickly, I entered the house to my flat. Inside, I layed Elinnya down in my bed, took off her shoes and out a blanket on her. She was even lighter than I expected. Then I left to sleep on the sofa. I ended up writing songs all night, because it helped me get all the stuff from the fire out of my head. I left her a note in the kitchen.