Chapter 6

"Camila Cabello, we have to make you look so good for the gala tonight! I want to make sure you get laid right after it." Dinah winked, while she was also contacting last minute people that she can get an amazing dress from.

See, Camila hadn't told Dinah yet that she was going with Austin and Camila shuddered at what Dinah had just said. But I guess now was the time to tell her best friend that she'd be going with someone else.

"Uh, Dinah, I'm actually going with...Austin for the gala." Camila said in almost a whisper.

"What the...fuck?" Dinah said, her jaw dropped and so did her phone.

"Uh, sorry...?" Camila said, unsure of what to say to her best friend.

"I know I told you to ask a specific green-eyed person but I wasn't talking about that douche. C'mon Chancho, you can do better! Literally! You could take a rock to the gala and that'd be a better date than him!" Dinah exclaimed making Camila chuckle.

"Just pick up your phone and please help me look out for dresses. I want to look good for...myself." Camila said and Dinah reached down to pick up her phone, sighing.

"God, you're so fucking lucky I'm your best friend." Dinah grumbled before looking through her phone, seeing if the designers had replied yet.

"I am so so lucky. Thank you," Camila grinned, leaning down and giving Dinah a big kiss on the cheek.

Meanwhile, Lauren was with Normani talking about what was going to go on for the night. Lauren had her dress ready and she was prepared to go out for the night.

"You look so cute, babe!" Normani gushed and Lauren smiled at her best friend.

"If only, you were going out with Camila and said yes to her instead of bready boy!" Normani exclaimed.

"How do you even know about that?" Lauren said raising an eyebrow and Normani winked.

"Dinah and I...are very open with each other about our daily lives and news. I really think I found the one, Laur." Normani smiled dreamily and Lauren grinned, shaking her head.

"And...you've known her for how long?" Lauren questioned and Normani glared at her.

"Shut up, Laurenza. I just...know. Anyway, I'm sure Brad will be coming in about 30 minutes unless he's one of those early freaks that-" Normani was interrupted by the doorbell and she grinned, putting her index finger up.

"There's your early freak." Normani grinned widely at Lauren. Lauren stuck out her tongue at Normani and then proceeded her way downstairs to go and greet the person at the door.

Lauren made her way to the door but then saw Normani zoom past her, beating her to the door and quickly opening it.

"Hello, Brad. My name's Normani Kordei Hamilton and I'm going to need you to watch Lauren and be fragile with her because she is a-" Normani said but was then interrupted by Lauren pulling her back by her shirt.

"That's enough, Mani." Lauren sternly said making Normani chuckle.

"Just doing what's best for my Lauser- oh fuck, I just said Lauser. I'm spending too much time with Dinah." Normani laughed.

Lauren grinned and went to greet Brad.

"Ah, you look stunning tonight." Brad complimented Lauren and Lauren smiled.

"You as well." She replied looking at Brad in a suit and tie.

"Alright, we should get going. Sorry, I'm so early. I didn't want to be late." Brad said and then waved goodbye to Normani.