Chapter 22

It was about around five p.m. when Lauren started to notice Camila's anxious, weird, nervous self kick in. No, Camila wasn't weird earlier with Lucy there. In fact, she and Lucy got along just fine and had some things in common.

Of course, what Lauren didn't know was how excited but nervous Camila was to surprise Lauren with her gift and the dinner.

Camila was on her phone, in a group chat, making sure everything was set.

Camila decided that the best way to let time past was for them to go see a movie. It wasn't a big movie, it was quite boring really, but Camila knew this was the best way to pass time.

The movie ended at around seven-thirty p.m. and the dinner was a little after eight which was perfect. Plus, the movie theatre they were at was kind-of nearby to the restaurant they were going to.

Lauren currently had her hand on Camila's thigh while Camila was secretly on her phone to the side.

Lauren peeked over and shrugged at the brown-eyed girl.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick," Camila whispered to Lauren, locking her phone.

Lauren nodded and let her slide through, watching the younger girl leave the room.

Lauren tapped her foot slightly wondering why the girl was acting so...different. Not in a bad way but not in a good way either.

About fifteen minutes later, Camila returned with a big smile on her face.

"Sorry, I got caught up with fans in the lobby." Camila quickly apologized before sitting back down in her seat.

"It's fine," Lauren smiled, kissing the young girl on the cheek. Camila laced their fingers together and kept watching.

Lauren felt Camila's hand slowly unlace her fingers from hers but she didn't mind.

She then felt the brown-eyed girl's hand on her thigh slowly going upwards toward her center.

Lauren looked over at Camila in confusion and crossed her legs together.

"Camz..." Lauren warned.

"Hm?" Camila asked, feigning innocence.

Lauren's heart beat wildly but it slowly settled down when she felt Camila's hand stay at her upper thigh.

A few minutes later, the movie ended and Lauren was the first one to get out of her seat.

Her core had been aching with Camila's hand there, plus Camila would slightly graze her fingers up and down.

"That was a good movie, right?" Camila asked sweetly and Lauren nodded furiously.

"What was your favorite part?" Camila asked once again. Lauren simply shrugged.

"Uh...the first part was, uh, really cool. But overall, every part was my favorite!" Lauren blurted out making Camila smirk.

"Be more specific, babe."

"Uh, the part with the guy...being heroic...was my favorite part." Lauren gulped and nodded her head making Camila burst out in laughter.

"Okay, let's leave." Lauren said, grabbing Camila's hand, leading them out of the movie theatre but not before they were stopped by a couple of fans.

Once they arrived in the car, Camila of course, offered to drive, getting in the driver's seat. Lauren sat in the passenger seat and the two sat there for a bit.