Chapter 31

"Err, let her in." Lauren sighed, typing in the last parts of the email. Stacy disappeared from her view and Lauren quickly typed out a subject title and then sent it to Turner right on time.

Camila sauntered in the room and stood across Lauren.

"Have a seat," Lauren said then gulped. Camila sat down and looked around the office. It was very big, very tidy, and had a great vibe in there. Plus, a very nice view.

"Hi," Camila said, finally looking at Lauren.

"Camz- Camila. What are you doing here?" Lauren asked.

Camila shrugged and put her arm on the armrest. "It's... it's been a long time. You look, stunning."

"You look even more stunning, Camila." Lauren cooly replied.

"I noticed you right when you walked in," Camila murmured as her brown eyes locked with the green eyes across from her.

"You did?" Lauren asked, wide-eyed.

"Yes." Camila nodded her head.

"But... you didn't ever look my way once?" Lauren asked quizzically and Camila shook her head.

"I did. When I entered the room, you had your eyes directed at Dinah and I saw them start trailing over to me so I looked away." Camila answered, her tone gentle and soft.

"Why didn't you call me out?" Lauren asked the brown-eyed girl.

"I was waiting for you to ask me a question, but you never did. That is, until the end. When it started, I tried hard to avoid your gaze but it got easier when that man sat in front of you." Camila said and Lauren nodded, rubbing her neck.

"Camila... are you still mad at me?" Lauren asked cautiously.

"No, Lauren. I couldn't ever be mad at you for too long. I mean... even in a crowded fucking room, you're the one that catches my eye. Doesn't that say something?" Camila exhaled a laugh.

"I've missed you." Lauren said, looking down at her laptop.

"I missed you even more, I can promise you that. I'm sorry." Camila said then bit her lip.

"Sorry? For what?" Lauren asked.

"Three years ago... I fucked up. I thought I lost everything when I lost you. I wasn't... wasn't independent. But then, I learned to be independent and to love myself. That I didn't need anyone to help me survive every day. I just needed myself."

"You couldn't realize that three years ago?" Lauren asked, raising an eyebrow which caused Camila to smile.

"Hey, watch it butterball." Camila said bringing up the old nickname which caused Lauren to grin.

"I want to thank you as well. If you hadn't done that, I'm not sure who I would be. Thank you, for helping me grow, helping me learn." Camila said and Lauren nodded.

"No problem and oh, thanks for writing that song about me." Lauren said bringing up Voicemail.

"I was heartbroken, was told to express myself, and I did. I'm so sorry that you got put on blast for it." Camila said giving her a lopsided smile.

"It's fine- it's a hit, right? At least I helped you there." Lauren said, laughing.

"I missed that." Camila quietly said that Lauren almost didn't hear it.