Chapter 23

Lauren had gotten up early and drove to her parents house. She had talked with Normani in the morning, saying goodbye to each other then setting off. Plus, Normani had also gotten Lauren a 1975 vinyl that she was so excited about.

Once Lauren arrived at house, she went around greeting everyone again except her brother and sister since they were still asleep.

She had also texted Camila in the morning but knew her girl was still probably asleep.

Once Lauren had finally greeted everyone, she sat down in the kitchen. A few seconds later, she was accompanied by her father.

"Where's that Camila girl of yours?" Mike asked, taking a seat two seats away from her.

"Uh, she couldn't make it." Lauren shrugged.

"Why not? Is she not going to be with you on your birthday?" Mike asked curiously.

"Her sister came and she's staying for a week so they're trying to get as much time with her." Lauren explained and Mike nodded understandingly.

"Well, next time, for sure!" Mike exclaimed and Lauren nodded excitedly.

"Definitely next time, you'll meet her. Plus, she's my girlfriend now." Lauren grinned at the thought of Camila.

"Ah, yes! I'm so happy for you! You know, Chris has been talking to a girl lately." Mike informed Lauren and soon the two talked about that. Then, Lauren showed the pictures from her surprise party, of course skipping the one that Dinah had sent her of her and Camila kissing.

Clara had arrived at the time of Lauren showing pictures and she then viewed those pictures as well.

Once everything had calmed down at the Jauregui household, she plopped down on her bed, in her "old" room.

Camz 💕: good morning goofball

Camz 💕: did you get there safely?

Laur 🐱: I did! Hello gorgeous

Camz 💕: i missed you

Laur 🐱: I haven't stopped. I can't believe you're not with me on my birthday :/

Laur 🐱: But, it's okay, there's more birthdays to share with you

Camz 💕: aw precious butterball

Laur 🐱: Butterball? What the fuck

Camz 💕: don't question me, chicken

Laur 🐱: You KNOW Chicken is my thing, chicken

Camz 💕: LOL gtg chicken dinah is picking me up 😘😘😘😘

Laur 🐱: k

Camz 💕: don't k me

Laur 🐱: Sorry that was autocorrect

Laur 🐱: It was supposed to be "ok my beautiful girlfriend😋"

Camz 💕: GOOD BYE

Camila chuckled at the text and looked up to see Dinah grinning at her causing her to yelp.

"Jesus, Dinah! Are you trying to give a girl a heart attack?" Camila questioned, blinking her eyes.