Chapter 23

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
- Vince Lombardi

Xavier's POV:

Amanda lay peacefully on my bed sleeping. I had called the doctor to check up on her, thankfully everything was fine. As he said "it's just stress" I decided to go an take a shower and sleep beside her. I think after everything we've been through we need this alone time. The moment she wakes up, me and her are leaving for a long over due vacation.

I went and changed into my nightwear and laid beside Amanda, taking her in my arms felt so right, she was a missing puzzle piece in my life. I slowly touched her face, feeling her soft skin brought so much relief to me. I don't have to worry about anything now. Rafael is dead, his gang has been wiped out by my men, and I finally have my women beside me. Nothing to worry about indeed.

Slowly my eyes started drooping and I fell asleep.

Giovani's POV:

I sat on the sofa in Tessa's bedroom, looking at her sleep. Wondering where she had been all my life. She's so beautiful, I thought. I decided to sleep in the living room to not make Tessa uncomfortable when she wakes up.

I left the room quietly, checking on Tessa one more time before I left. I turned to the direction of living room, and went ahead and laid on the sofa. "This is going to be a long night" I thought.

RING

RING

I looked around for the noise and then realized it's my phone. I checked the called Id to see Greyden calling me. I answered hurriedly, hoping nothing wrong happened.

"Hello" I said.

"Boss, he's still alive"

"What do you mean he's still alive, I shot him with my own hands two time Greyden, there's no way he could be alive" I sat up, worried.

"I know, but he's still breathing. I was moving him to your underground house until you decided to tell others but then I heard his heartbeat. He's still alive" Greyden says.

"What should I do boss?"

Frustrated about this situation but also relieved that he's alive. He might be an enemy, but he was my brother. I grew up taking care of him and shooting your own brother will eat you up for sure.

"Let me call Xavier and see what he says, till then just call our doctor and patch him up" I say back.

Xavier will be pissed to know that he's alive, but I have to tell him. I end the call and call Xavier.

RING

RING

RING

"Hello" a drowsy Xavier spoke

"We gotta talk"

I heard some shuffling and a door shutting. "What happened" Xavier says.

"Rafael is still alive"

"WHAT!! How is that possible. You shot him in front of me"

"I know, but Greyden just called and said that he's still breathing. I told him to call a doctor and patch him up and that you'll know what to do." I say.

I could feel Xavier's anger through the phone. "Fine, but after the doctor is done with him, lock him up. I don't care for how long, but he's not getting out until he realizes his mistake, and if he dare do something, I will kill him myself this time" he says and ends the call.

I inform Greyden about the decision, and hope that for all our goods, Rafael doesn't do anything stupid. Life gave him another chance.

I decided to go to sleep and worry about everything else tomorrow.

Amanda's POV:

I felt like I was in heaven. I was laying on the softest bed ever, I tried to move around but was unable to because of a tight grip on my waist. Wondering who was beside me, I turned around and see Xavier peacefully sleeping beside me. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, this is the first time we've ever shared a bed. "How did I get here" I thought. Last I remember I was tied to a chair.

TIED TO A BLOODY CHAIR!!!
Slowly slowly, everything started coming back, being in a club, Rafael kidnaping me, Xavier dying, me fainting. "XAVIER DYING"

I turn to face Xavier and see him looking at me confused. I could feel tears forming, with my shaking hands I cupped him face "you..you're alive" I say. I see him nod and cup my face too.

"I thought you left me. I couldn't bare it"

He smiles and wipes my tears. " I would never leave you love, not in this life and not in the next life either. You're mine as much as I'm yours" he says smiling. I lean forward and kiss him on his lips. Our kiss turns from slow to passionate. Xavier pulled me closer to himself, if that's even possible. He caresses my back and coax me to open my mouth so he could put his tongue in. I hurriedly open my mouth, not wanting any barrier between us. Slowly he pulled away and smiled at me.

"Go away with me" he says smiling.

"Where" I say back at him, happy to finally get alone time with him.

"Where would you like to go?" He asks me.

"Anywhere, I only want you beside me" I say.

"Then done deal. We're leaving" he says.

I smile and nod, looking forward to our little vacation.

Tessa's POV:

Ugghh!! My head Is pounding. I get up and hold my head between my head. "Dammit I should've never drank that much"

"Good morning sleepy head" I hear a male voice. I look up and see a Greek model standing In Front of me. He looked to be around 25 years old. He had dark brown hair and the deepest blue eyes I've ever seen. His height was around 6'4 to 6'5.  He sure is one tall guy, and not to mention he's built to.

"Who are you" I say clutching my head once again.

"I'm Xavier's cousin, Amanda's boss" he says.

"And what are you doing here" I ask.

"What do you think? I'm taking care of you" he says back smiling.

Oh my god why is he so hot!!

I hope you guys liked the chapter, comment and vote please!

Happy Reading.

Edit: Hello my lovely followers. Unfortunately I won't be posting another chapter for few days because I'm leaving for a weekend getaway with family. If I get time, I'll try but it's not possible.