Chapter 5: First Day

"Since you've been gone I can breathe for the first ti-"

Shit! Is it really today the day I dreaded for the past four weeks since I first came to Freetown? It is. Shit, today is the first day at my new high school 'West Water High'. At least Melissa and Daniel will be there, that's a plus. Also I will see if I have any classes with Blondie. I stop thinking about the day but instead head to the shower to get ready for school. This going to be awful. I have to walk to the school because the bus company refuses to pick me up since I am so close to the school and I can't drive myself there because even though my family's rich to the max I don't get a car until my 18 birthday in February! After my gloomy morning ritual I head down to eat food and quickly start walking to school. It's only 7:30am and school starts at 8:20am. Why do I have to walk? Of course I was so distracted by my thoughts I didn't even see the guy in front of me stop walking so I walked straight into his back, his very firm back. The force of me walking into him made both him and I fall to the ground in front of us, so I ended up on top of him facing his back while his face is being squished into the ground.
"Um excuse me but can you get off me I am kinda getting squished" said the boy.
"Uh um yes, sorry!" I squeaked.
I quickly got off him and offered him a hand which he brushed off. I must've looked upset because he said "Um hi my name is Caleb." This is the first time I looked at him fully he had brown hair just touching his ears and he was really pale. He looked goth but I am not too sure about it. His hair covered his eyes so I couldn't tell what colour his eyes were.
"Oh hi my names, Alexis! Nice to meet you!" I answer.
"I was just stopping because it was a stop sign on the road but you ran into me on my way to school. Are you new to this neighbourhood?" Caleb asked
"Yes I am and I am so sorry!"
"It's alright, just wondering. So do you go to West Water too?"
"Yeah, it's my last year in high school, you?"I asked him.
"Uh yeah me too. Do you want to talk on the way to school? or we will be late."
"Yeah sure!"
It turned out he was goth and that he had a brother who was homosexual and I told him about my step monsters. He laughed at my description of them. By the time we got to school we had agreed to walk with each other everyday including his older brother who left before him today. I had gotten his number in my phone that now has 4 numbers, Dan's, Melissa's, Caleb's, and My father.
"Bye Caleb have a good day see you after school."
"See ya, Alexis'"
Time to start the school day. Yay.