Chapter 14: Delissa: Ship it!

I can't believe Caleb! He's so irritating!

But he sweet and cute.. said the voice in the back of my mind. I shake that thought away. He might be right about Alec though. Melissa did say that they dated and to be careful. I just have to ask her about it. I decide to call her. I dial her number and wait. It's ringed only twice before she picked up. "Hey Melissa I was wondering if we can meet up at the Starbucks in town?"

"Yeah sure. Meet in ten?"

"Sounds good."

I hang up and get dressed to go. I live nearby so I walk into town.

Inside Starbucks I order a latte and find a table to wait at.

Not moments later Melissa walks in and spots me almost immediately. She sits across from me. "What so important that we had to meet here to talk and not over the phone?" Melissa jokes.

"I need to know. When you dated Alec.. did he get you? As in sex."

"Alexis, you must know he is nothing but trouble and I thought that he loved me. To answer your question yes but no."

"Wait. Yes and no?"

"He almost got my virginity but once I realized that he wanted it only to say he stole it I rejected him and broke up with him as far as I know I was the only one to say no towards him." Melissa eyes turned hard when speaking of him. I nod and know that Caleb is right and possibly saved me more drama by warning me. I can't deny the feelings I have for Caleb, what they are I don't know but I know they are there. I need to contact Alec before it gets to far. I will see him tomorrow at school, it's Monday tomorrow. Wonderful.

===========================

Caleb and I were on our way to school. Talking and laughing like nothing happened during the weekend. "Alexis?" Caleb questioned noticing that I was shaking.

"Yes?"

"Are you cold?"

"A bit. Why?" Without answering Caleb slipped off his jacket and handed if over to me motioning for me to have it.

"No, you'll get cold!"

"No I won't. We can always conserve body heat." Caleb replied cheekily. I blushed at that comment of conserving heat.

"Well maybe." I tell Caleb. "Caleb, Melissa told me that Alec is some douche bag that deserves more then a simple beating. I'm going to break up with him."

"That's good for you."

"I feel sick that I was one of those girls that fell for him so fast. I wish I would've waited to know him longer."

"That might've saved some problems."Caleb stated simply.

We walked in silence for a couple of minutes, listening to each other's breathing. Caleb was the first to break the silence. "Our next band practice is tomorrow after school, Chris can't wait to talk with you more. He absolutely adores you, Alexis."

"He's so fun though. Chris is great. I can't wait to see him again."

"Alexis. Can you sing me a song?" Caleb shyly and shamelessly asked.

"Yeah I guess I can."

We'll do it all

Everything

On our own

We don't need

Anything

Or anyone

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world?