Chapter 17: Slipped Away

No this is not going to be fun. I can see it in his eyes that he will tell me that he regrets kissing me, and I really rather he didn't. It's to hard to deal with.
"Alexis.." I can't look him in the eyes because I am afraid of what he will say.
"Oh sweet Alexis, I am so sorry but I am leaving."
"What?" I say incredulously "Leaving to where?" I can feel in my gut that leaving means moving away, I'be had so many people tell me this before.
"I am moving away to Europe. I will be starting a whole new life there without friends and I wanted to inform you of this first because you mean a ton to me." Caleb's eyes were watering and I without hesitation dry them. "Caleb, will I ever see you again?" He looks at me with hope and something else that I can't read.
"I really do hope we do because I will never forgive myself if I let you get away from me."
That's when I kissed him. His sweetness was to overwhelming. I pulled away before got to heated. "I will miss you. Also how are we supposed to be a band without you?"
"Well they gained you didn't they? You are simply amazing at singing and playing the guitar."
Boy am I gonna miss Caleb. "I will be leaving tomorrow, I hope we will meet again some day." He kissed me on the cheek and with that he walked away from the music room. I was left all alone with a guitar and a stool in the middle of the room waiting for a person like me to come along and sing a sad song. And that's what I did. I sang. A very sad song.

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh

Na na na na na na na

I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't

Oh
I hope you can hear me cause I remember it clearly

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh

I had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by

Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go,
Somewhere you're not coming back

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same no..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oh...

Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you

I finish song without crying but barely because the second after I'm done tears fall on to my cheeks. They slide down my red cheeks with ease. My eyes don't let up on the weeping and soon I find myself falling asleep in a dreamless slumber.

----------------------------------------------

"ALEXIS PHARAOH! WAKE UP RIGHT THIS INSANT!" A very angry voice screams bloody murder at me.
My head hurts from the yelling and crying.
"I'm sorry what happened?"
"You missed your last classes of the day!"
"Oh is that a problem?"
"YES!"
"Oh sorry, I fell asleep."
"I can see that. Miss Pharaoh please open your eyes now." I obeyed and saw a very angry looking teacher that I didn't know but clearly knew who I was.
"Who are you?"
"I am Mrs. Dramta I am the science teacher."
"Oh sorry I didn't know you."
"Well you haven't had science yet."
I need to head home before my step monster notices and gets angry. I quickly hop to my feet, grab my bags and run down the hall, while Mrs. Dramta yells at me that I have detention for three days. I roll my eyes at her and keep going. Damn I hope step monster is late to get home from work today. Or I'm in big trouble.

----------------------------------------------

Don't get to close it's dark inside but with the beast inside there's no wa-
My phone goes off at 6:30 and I am so tired that I almost brush my hair with my tooth brush!
When I get down stairs I notice that there is a shit load of presents on the table in the kitchen. Holy hell. There is at least 20 presents in the kitchen. Why is there so many? No one has woken up yet. This is weird what is going on?

I notice that there is a note on the fridge for me.

Dear Alexis,
We have left to our annual trip to the Bahamas. We felt bad that you couldn't accompany us this year, so we decided that since you can't enjoy the nice hot air in Bahamas that we would buy you many gifts to make up for it.
I know that you were the one who said that you didn't want to come but we didn't want you to feel unloved so tada!

We love you very much,
Love Father and Darla.

These are all for me? Wow they cared enough to actually try to make me actually think they love me? How sweet!

Oh shit, school starts in 35minutes!
No Caleb anymore school is going to suck.