Chapter 24: The Exa-Boom!

"Good morning, everyone." Nono greeted them with a smile as the students ignorantly ate. "I have an announcement to make. Today, you will be having a surprise exam regarding your self-defense classes."

"Eh?!" the students screamed in shock, their spoons and forks falling on either the plate or the table.

"Yes." Nono said, unfazed by their panic. "I decided to not give you prior announcement in order to see if you truly understood what you learned. If I gave you time, you would have only focused on perfecting that skill and I won't know if you learnt anything with your teachers. Now, I want you all to hand over any communicating technologies to Giotto so that none will be distracted. Don't worry, it will be given back to you once you pass."

"A-and what if we fail?" Miyu asked meekly, horrified at the idea of even failing after all the effort she put into.

"You will be given another chance tomorrow. However, your phone will stay with Giotto until you pass. Oh, and you will fail to go to the hotel that was supposed to be your prize." Nono explained.

"Hotel?!" the students exclaimed in shock.

"We have a prize for passing?!" Miya asked in excitement.

"Of course." Nono nod. "After all, if you pass, then it shows how much effort you put into it."

"Yehey!" each of them celebrated, promising each other to pass so that they could enjoy the hotel vacation/rest.

"Um." Reina softly said. "Do we have an exam on the other subjects?"

"No." Nono said while shaking his head. "Because it would take too long if you include the other subjects like language and math. However, once you return in Nanimori, you will be given the tests that you missed. After all, the subjects you learned here are the subjects you have in your old school where the other students took tests and all."

"Yehey!" the celebrated again, excitement rushing through their veins. 

"Well then, hand over any communicating devices you have to Giotto now and then go to the gym once you finish eating." Nono said as Giotto stood up and approaching every student. "The test will begin once everyone arrives."

Everyone nod and obediently followed, giving their phones to Giotto once he reached them and quickly finishing their food. After that, they headed to the gymnasium with determination.

"Isao-kun looks nervous." Kyoko mentioned when they were the only ones left in the room. 

"Yeah." Emma agreed. "He kept playing with his food while glancing at the clock."

"I'll go first." Tsuna said, his eyes narrowed as his caramel eyes turned a little orange.

"Eh, why is that, Juudaime?" Gokudera asked. 

"My intuition is telling me that Isao is planning on doing something." he then quickly left, walking speedily and, within minutes, he was gone from sight. The guardians and the girls looked at each other before shrugging. 

"Let's go?" Haru asked. 

"Let's." Gokudera said, grabbing Haru's and Yamamoto's hand as he was not being responsive to anything. The others followed the three from behind, grouping themselves into mini groups to talk with each other until they arrived. Once they arrived, they were not surprised to see everyone in sight practicing what they learnt except for Tsuna and Isao. They looked at each other before starting their own practice with each other.

As all of those was happening, Tsuna saw Isao enter his room. He quickly sped up his speed and opened the door with a loud noise. Fortunately, there was no else else near them so no one appeared or was disturbed. Isao looked at the door in shock, not expecting anyone to follow him. Once he saw it was Tsuna, he tensed and grab a hidden gun from the pocket of his jacket and aimed it towards Tsuna.

"D-don't move!" he ordered with a stutter, shaking a little. Tsuna paid no mind to his order and approached him calmly as if there was no gun pointed to him. He then reached Isao and smiled cheerfully.

"Hi!" he exclaimed. "Are you not going to shoot me?" 

Tsuna tempted him, grabbing his hands and pointing the gun to his heart.

"Come on, shoot already." he whined before smirking slightly. "That is, if you have the courage, too."

Isao looked at him with little tears in his eyes before falling down uselessly on the floor with his bangs covering his face. 

"Damn it." he muttered, leaving his gun on the ground as he repeatedly slammed his fist on the floor in helplessness. "Why. Why can't I shoot you?!"

Tsuna stared at him in pity before hardening his eyes, speaking ruthlessly to the other. "Because you don't have what it takes to be in this world."

Isao quickly raised his head up, looking at him in anger. "How dare you mock me! You're just dame-Tsuna who got lucky in life to become the next boss of the underworld!"

"That might be true." Tsuna agreed. "But do you know what's the difference between us?"

"..." Isao didn't say anything, simply staring at him with haunted eyes.

Tsuna leaned down and whispered in his ears. "I trained myself to become the best. I encountered death many times to become the perfect boss. But you? You only whined and whined, not doing anything to improve yourself."

Tsuna then stood up and glared at him disgustingly. "I tried my best to prove everyone wrong and that I deserve my place. You, on the other hand, just proved everyone right by being a loser."

Isao let his tears fall, sobbing like a child in front of Tsuna who didn't even glance at him, instead finding any other communication devices given to Isao by the enemy but couldn't find anything which caused him to blink in confusion.

"Don't you have anything here to use to communicate with your famiglia?" he asked but Isao didn't answer, causing Tsuna to approach him and grab his collar. "Hey, answer me."

"I-" he wasn't able to finish, the sound of explosions echoing in their ears as the entire mansion felt the ground shake. Tsuna let go of Isao in shock, quickly looking outside the window where countless enemies entered the hole they made in the front gate.

"Sh*t." Tsuna cursed before pointing the gun Isao dropped before to the said man (he grabbed it when Isao was not responding). "Oi, what happened."

"I-I don't know!" Isao said in fright, his eyes shining with fear which caused Tsuna to let him go. "I-it might be because you guys took my phone away!"

"What?" he asked, confused at his statement. The enemies attacked because Isao's phone was taken away? What stupid logic was that?

"I-I'm not sure!" he shouted. "They just told me to never separate myself from it!"

"Damn." Tsuna said when he figured out what happened. "That phone had a sensor! It alerts the enemies if the person holding the phone is anyone other then you. Quick, follow me to the others."

"I-I..." Isao hesitated which caused Tsuna to drag him by the collar.

"I don't care if you are hesitating but right now, our classmates might have died because of your slowness!" Tsuna shouted, rushing towards the gym where the civilians were. On their way there, he saw countless servants fighting for their life.

"Guys!" he yelled when he saw no more enemies. "Go to the hiding room! I don't want to see anyone dead!"

They obeyed and rushed to the ordered place, quickly and swiftly killing the enemies they meet. Tsuna nod, happy that they weren't offended by his statement. After all, all of them know that although they were strong, they were still only trained to do self-defense. Tsuna was still running with Isao when he saw smoke coming from the gym. His eyes widened and ran faster, almost chocking Isao to death if he didn't let go and grab his hands instead. When they arrived, what he saw shock him.