Chapter 28: Yamamoto's Thoughts +The Ten Year Bazooka Gets An Appearance

Christmas Countdown: 6 days left

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yamamoto's POV

I opened my eyes to see the familiar ceiling of the Vongola hospital, feeling my body heavy as my head hurt. I glanced at my side and a smile immediately formed on my lips, seeing Sayomi's peaceful sleeping face. I then looked at the ceiling again, confused at the feelings I felt as a frown replaced the smile. I know that I should hate her for breaking my heart and betraying us but...at the same time, I couldn't help it if my heart decided to beat faster whenever I am near her.  I couldn't help it if I wanted to believe that she had a reason for doing what she did. Am I a foolish love-sick man who wanted to see his crush in only the good light or is it my instincts telling me that?

I don't know.

I don't understand.

All I know is that my feelings toward her has never changed since the moment I fell for her.

And... to be honest, that's all that really matters for me.

If Tsuna and the others decided to kill her, then I have a feeling that I would fight against them.

Am I not silly? 

I am willing to betray those that accepted me just for a girl who betrayed me.

Am I even thinking straight?

Am I under a spell?

But...

The door suddenly opened, revealing Tsuna and the others. 

"Yo!" I greeted them with a -fake- smile.

They must have realized and frowned at me with worry, causing my smile to slip a little.

It's so hard to hide something when they can read me like an open book. 

"How are you, Yamamoto?" Tsuna asked me, deep worry laced in his voice.

"Hahaha, why are you asking, Tsuna?" lies kept spilling out of my mouth. "I'm totally fine."

"Takeshi." he said sternly, gazing at me with orange eyes. 

Since when did he go into boss mode? I wasn't able to think of it as he continued speaking.

"Tell us the truth." he demanded, causing me to involuntarily gulp and sweat as my smile completely vanished from my face.

"It hurts, Tsuna." I confessed with a bitter smile. "I get angry when I see Sayomi's face beside me while remembering all the things she did. I get angry when I remember the b*stard boss of hers who stabbed her without mercy. But, most of all, I'm angry because I actually considered betraying you for her if you decide to kill her."

I looked at him in the eyes, ignoring the others who were keeping quiet. "I feel disgusted in myself that I even thought of such a thing."

Tsuna smiled understandingly at me, swiftly giving the others one look before they all left the room, even Hibari and the kid. 

"I won't kill her, Yamamoto." he told me, causing me to widen my eyes.

"But-" I immediately started protesting. How could he let her live after helping the enemy famiglia attack us, now and before. However, he interrupted me.

"Yamamoto." he told me with a gentle smile. "When she wakes up, talk to her. Once you do, you will understand my choice."

I simply stared at him, thinking of all the possible reasons as to why he said that. Was my gut feeling true? I do not dare to hope because I knew how painful the disappointment is after hoping for something. But the thought never left my mind.

"Well, then." he said while glancing at the clock. "I'll go back to the others, now. Will you continue watching over her?"

I looked at him before nodding. "I will."

"Okay then, bye." he said before leaving.

"Thank you, Tsuna." I said just as he closed the door, receiving no reply back. However, I had a feeling he was smiling. I then glanced at Sayomi before lying down on my hospital bed, closing my eyes to think of things I didn't understand.

~~~~~~~~

Tsuna smiled as he left the room, perfectly hearing Yamamoto's words. He started to head back to the gymnasium to see if everything is finally done. Once he arrived, he was surprised to feel the tense atmosphere surrounding his classmates and family.

"What happened?" he asked once he was near enough to his family. "Is something wrong?"

"Ah!" Gokudera exclaimed, getting the attention of everyone else. "Juudaime, actually, th-"

Our classmates approached us with serious looks in their faces, surprising me a little because I have never seen them that determined before.

"T-Tsunayoshi-san!" Reina called out from the front as the others were behind her. "We have something to ask you."

"What is it?" Tsuna asked with a slight tilt of his head as he blinked innocently at her. She noticed this and started stuttering, her questions unclear. Finally, Miyu seemed to have enough and placed her hands on Reina's shoulders as she gently pushed her to her side.

"Sawada-san, there is just one thing we want." she started but was interrupted by their immature classmate -Sho.

"Santa tell me, if yo-" Siera, his twin, immediately blocked his mouth with her hands. 

"Sorry, Miyu-san." she apologized before confiscating Sho's phone. "This is your punishment for interrupting them."

"You're just jealous that I beat you." he mumbled but everyone heard it.

"What?" she demanded while he shook his head.

"I said nothing." he said as everyone else subtly nodded their heads. They knew Siera and her explosive anger, especially with anything regarding games. 

"Good." she said, pleased before facing them again. "You may continu-"

She was interrupted by two people who entered with a familiar purple bazooka at hand.

"Yo, Vongola." Spanner greeted with a bored tone.

"Hello, Tsuna-kun." Shoichi greeted him when he noticed the position of the classmates and Tsuna. "Eh? Did we come in the wro-"

He tripped, accidentally letting go of the bazooka which flew towards Tsuna who was not able to dodge because if he did, then either Miyu or Reina would be hit.

*Boom*

"Cough, cough." a deep voice spoke as the smoke subsided, revealing a handsome man in his twenties. He had fluffy brown hair and, when he opened his eyes, revealed brown tinted with orange pupils. When he saw the faces of everyone, tears immediately escaped his eyes as his lips turned downwards.

"M-mina." he whispered brokenly. Immediately, every Vongola and Shimon member present panicked.

"J-Juudaime!" Gokudera shouted in worry. "What happened?!"

"Y-you all." he swallowed thickly. "Died."