Freedom at a price

I glared at Alex and Luca. "Are you two going to help me or keep flirting with each other!?" I wished that I could have shouted at them but I could only whisper.

It was around one am and we sat on the tree facing the hitmans home.

I could smell the she-wolf inside but it was her blood that I could smell. I frowned at that but then found that she was alive.

"So what's the plan?" Alex asked.

"You two get the wolf and I will distract Wright." I mumbled.

"No, you can't fight him on your own." Luca objected.

I glared at him. "I can and I just need to distract him long enough for you two to get the she-wolf then I only need to knock him out."

I could do it. I knew I could. I was stronger than I looked now that I was a full vampire.

"I can do this." I mumbled to myself as a form of encouragement.

Then without warning I jumped down from the tree and walked over to the house while fixing my clothes. When I reached the door I took a deep calming breath and knocked.

The door swung open and in front of me stood a beautiful person.

His hair was dark brown and messy like he just woke up but that just added to his look which made him more pretty. His dark eyes looked at me up and down. I knew that he was Wright but he looked so young and pretty.

"I know you." His husky voice said.

"I would say that you do." I smirked.

He returned my smirk. "Now what would little miss Aria want with me?"

"You're a hitman, right?"

He nodded.

"Teach me."

He chuckled. "We both know the real reason that you are here. I can smell the demon with you and the male wolf."

I took a step back without thinking. "What are you talking about?" I sounded stronger than I felt.

"You can have the she-wolf."

His sudden words took me off guard.

I raised an eye brow. "What's the catch?"

"You take her place."

I shook my head. "You have been drinking wolf blood. You must pay for your crimes and face trial."

I found this all too strange. I was standing outside his door talking about the reason I was there like we were talking about the weather. Though we were talking about it I knew that Alex and Luca would be trying to get to the she-wolf.

I just had to keep him talking.

"What I don't understand is why you are helping the wolves? You have been bitten by one twice now. Don't you hold a grudge?"

I sighed. "A male wolf bit me." I said then my eyes went wide. "How did you know I got bit?"

"I've been keeping tabs on you. I know everything about you and your little demon." He smirked like the devil.

"Then would you not know why I want to help the wolf?" I returned with my own devil like smirked while folding my arms.

Once the she-wolf was out I was supposed to get a signal from them so that I could quickly knock him out then bring him to my dad who would than deal with him. I could kill him..maybe..but it was bad if another vampire killed one of their own unless instructed to by an Elder like my dad.

"One of your brothers had been mated by a wolf, that's why you want to help." He told me.

"Whoa. You have me all figured out." Scarcasm rolled off my tounge. I sighed, I didn't want to wait any longer so I used my speed to punch him in the face so that I could knock him out.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me into the house and closed the door tight after him.

He held my arm above my head and pulled me in close to him so close that there was hardly a gap between us.

I felt scared but I refused to let him see it. I tired my hardest to control my breathing and ignored the bone crushing hold he held my arm in.

"Now, now little Aria, weren't you taught about choosing your battles wisely." The devil like grin was back and all I could do was glare at it.

"I can choose my battles just fine." I surprised him by kicking his knee then kneeing him where the sun doesn't shine.

He let me go and fell to the floor holding his downstairs so I took to opportunity to knock him out.

I grabbed his head and kneed him in the face.

He fell to the floor and I kicked his body over so that I could see if he was knocked out or not which he was.

I sighed and nodded approval before pulling out my phone.

"Hey, he's out cold. Bring the car round." I said, turning my back on the unconscious hitman.

"Right. You ok?" Luca asked.

"Yea, I think I broke my wrist but that's about it." I said while looking at my bruised right wrist. "Hows the she-wolf?"

"She's good, a little shaken up and bloody but good."

"That's good. Hurry up with the car, I'll be-." A hand went over my mouth cutting me off.

They took the phone out of my hand and crushed it under their foot.

My eyes went wide. Was the hitman back up? I looked round out of the corner of my eye and saw he was still sleeping. Was this his friend? Did hitmen have friends!?

I felt his hand move from my mouth but I didn't have time to move to defend myself as he broke my neck and my limp body fell to the floor.

---this had been edited---