River of blood

I heard the rain and wind hit the window as I sat on the floor of the spare room. I loved the rain. There was just something about it that calmed me. My mum had always said that I had a love for water, she said that when I was younger I pulled a chair over to the sink and started to play in the water and that I would be entertain for hours upon end just by the simple thing of water. Even now I still loved that clear liquid. I could sit for hours and just listen to it but I knew I had to move soon, before Luca came home.

I got up and headed for the shower to wash the stench of blood from me. As I stripped I frowned at the memory and feeling that followed it. I had cut a mans throat and...enjoyed it more than I should have, even for a vampire. I knew my dad and brothers would look down at me if they found out. It wasn't that assassins or hitmen were looked down upon within the vampire community, it was just they weren't to be within my family. Being part of one of the, you could call it, royal families within the vampire community you couldn't be a hired gun. That was seen as a lower vampire job, then if they got enough credit they would move up within the community but never make it close enough to the royals, though Daniel was a secret within my own family.

I knew it was only a matter of time before I got called upon again to make another brutal kill, which would probably give me the same thrill, the same feeling of rightness and joy. It made me feel sick thinking about it.

I heard a knock on the door so I used vampire speed to dry and dress myself then went to answer it.

Shane walked in. "Nice house." He commented as he walked on into my house.

I flung the door closed and followed him to the kitchen. "May I help you?"

"Here." He threw a bag at me.

Catching it I looked in and pulled out a black leather cat suit. "What the is this?"

"Your work clothes. Black cat suit and black boots." He poured himself a drink.

"Why?!"

"Style my dear. Now I must go. Please do wear it next time well this time. New target, owed me something but didn't pay up and started to steal things from me so go and put a bullet into his head." He handed me a folder. "Bye."

I ran upstairs and hid the cat suit, boots and folder in the spare room because I knew Luca hardly went into there though I still hid them will, can never be too safe.

Within the next hour Luca was home and we where soon lying on the couch cuddled up watching R.I.P.D.

It was getting late when the movie ended so we both headed to bed but there was the feeling of a traitor eating away in the pit of my stomach.

I knew I had to go and deal with this new target so when I heard the slowness and softness of the sound of Lucas breathing my eyes snapped open and I moved.

I walked in to the spare room and changed quickly then made my way out.

"Where you going?" Lucas voice scared me and made me jump down the last couple of stairs.

I didn't look at him. "I'm going training."

"At this time and in that?"

"I move more freely in this."

"Aria, I-."

"I can't talk, I'm already late."

I ran out the door unable to even glance back at him.

The feeling was back in my stomach as I ran at vampire speed fighting back the pain with in my heart.

I threw the heart into the ground and kicked his head. He was dead but sadly it was only the minion of the person that I was ordered to kill.

Idiots. They thought that they could take me on but they were wrong.

As I walked down the hall I smelt something nice, something that I had before but I just couldn't place it. I moved with quickly towards the hall. I had forgotten all the bad feelings I was feeling before I ventured into the dark building, they were replaced with nothing. As I killed I felt like I became a different person. It was like an out of body experience. As if I was watching someone else control my body for me because it seemed like I was unstoppable and invincible and just knew what to do when the time came to kill.

That all vanished when I stepped into the room with the familiar smell. My whole world ended and shattered into a million little pieces and then it felt like someone had put it all back together just so they could inflict more pain over and over again until I finally cracked, until I finally just gave up.

I felt tears begin to develop in my eyes but I held them back as I stared at the river of blood that pooled into one puddle that poured from my oldest brother Tyler. His eyes widened when he saw me but just as soon as we locked eyes a blade was sent through his chest from the back of him, making a clean cut through and through.

His eyes rolled back and I held a scream.

My brother fell off the chair and on to the puddle of his own blood on the floor.

"Ah little Aria, welco-."

I lashed out. I became the unloving and uncaring killer again and killed every single person within that room. I ripped them to pieces. I didn't even follow my own body as it moved on its own either ripping at people or hitting them with anything I could get my hands on which included someone's arm.

I didn't know how long had past but when I finally stopped I fell to the now red floor and begin to cry. My tears mixed with the blood and soon I cried that much over my lost brother that no more water came from my eyes, only small whimpers escaped my lips.

---this has been edited---