The L Word [Obi-Wan x Reader]

A/N: Oh, look who it is! My actual cause of death...

Summary: The reader, a padawan, meets Obi-Wan in the Jedi Archives and they become fast friends. The reader develops feelings for Obi-Wan that they determine to keep secret. Little does the reader know that everybody can sense these feelings, including the reader's mentor. 

Lahn... Lannik... Lanteeb... Oh, here we are. Lasan. You grabbed the holofile off of the shelf and powered it on. You began to mutter the words as you read them. "Located in the Outer Rim Territories, Lasan orbits the star of the same name..." You became engrossed with the file, absorbing all the information it held. Your mentor, Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, wanted you to learn everything you could about the planet before you traveled there for a solo mission, and you refused to fail him.

You were only distracted from the file when you heard another person softly exclaim in frustration. You looked up to see Obi-Wan Kenobi, searching under 'k', his eyebrows furrowed. You hadn't realized that anyone was with you. The poor thing looked rather confused. "Is there anything I can help you with, Master Kenobi?" you offered.

Obi-Wan looked to you briefly. "Ah, no, thank you." He resumed his search. "I seem to be having trouble finding the information I need, that's all."

You nodded and walked over to assist him. "I see the problem." You pointed to the labels on each of the files. "You'll notice that each file is sorted alphabetically. To find the desired material, think of the subject's name and determine how it's spelled. For instance. If I should want to know about Master Kenobi, I look under 'K,' then 'K-E,' then 'K-E-N' and so-on until..." You pulled out the Jedi's file. "I find it."

"That's very helpful," Obi-Wan laughed. "You should be a librarian."

"I would rather be a Jedi, but thank you." You extended your hand. "Y/N L/N," you introduced yourself.

He shook your hand with a firm grip. "Obi-Wan Kenobi, but you already knew that. You're Master Mundi's padawan, aren't you? Your mentor has told me about you."

"Oh, no," you said with a laugh in your voice. "All good things I trust?"

Obi-Wan shrugged. "Well, he says that you're headstrong but strong with the Force and eager to learn."

"So, all good things," you sighed. "Now that I've had a joke or two, what are you looking for?"

"A planet called Kamino. It isn't mentioned in any files that Jocasta could find. I was hoping it was an oversight, but evidently not. What have you come to find?"

You held up the holofile. "Information on Lasan. There have been whispers of illegal Separatist activity there. I'm going alone to check on things as part of my training. Afterward, I'll face the trials."

"Congratulations," Obi-Wan offered, sounding impressed. "A trip to the Outer Rim should more-or-less prepare you for them. When do you leave?"

You sighed. "Not for two months at least. It isn't an essential mission, and Master Mundi says that it is wise to know your surroundings. So, until my research is satisfactory, I will be here every day, this time, this place."

It was as you promised, but something you did not expect was that you were virtually never alone. After missing only a few days, Obi-Wan Kenobi was back at the archives with an engaging conversation or stories of missions with his former padawan. He always claimed to be searching for his lost planet, but he never seemed to look too hard.

The first day you saw him back, you were the one to begin the conversation. "Master Kenobi, I wanted to thank you for having a sense of humor when we first met. If you would have been Master Mundi, he would've glared at me until I was too intimidated to speak."