Her Majesty, Part 2 [Anakin x Amidala!Reader]

Requested by marvelcake5! Thank you!

This is a requested sequel to Her Majesty with double the fluff. Amen. It goes fast from fluff to politics that I made up though.

You woke with the sunshine in your eyes and soul. This was it. The first day of the last week was upon you. You had a thousand ceremonies to get through, yes, but once it was over, you would no longer be queen. You would be a regular citizen of Naboo, free to live a peaceful and regular life with your husband.

You turned over to face Anakin, who seemed to be sleeping peacefully. It was such a rare occasion that he didn't have nightmares that you didn't want to disturb him. Instead, you gently played with the curls that fell in front of his face.

You wanted to cry from happiness every time you were able to have moments like this. Even since you secretly married, Anakin was often away, fighting in the war. He had to invent stories and practically beg the council to allow him to come home for the week. To keep up appearances you had invited your family friend and his former master Obi-Wan Kenobi to the ceremonies. You were always finding loopholes, dodging obstacles, and jumping through hoops to be with Anakin; but it was worth every second. At times, the life you lived seemed like a dream, and you had trouble believing it was real.

Anakin's beautiful blue eyes fluttered open, and when he saw you he smiled. "Good morning, your majesty," he greeted you with his ridiculously endearing morning voice, brushing your hair away from your face.

"Good morning, master Jedi," you laughed, caressing the side of his face.

"Day one," Anakin pointed out. "Are you ready to be Miss Amidala again?"

Your face twisted comically. "I was only ever Miss Amidala for my campaign. Part of me wishes that I could be Miss Naberrie again. But never mind," you decided. "As long as we're together I'm happy." You sat up, reluctant to start the day.

Anakin took your hand gently, his thumb rubbing circles over the top of it. "We could stay together all morning," he suggested.

"That would be lovely," you sighed. "But I have so much to do today. I can't--"

Anakin sat up and kissed you softly on the mouth to silence you. When he pulled away, your foreheads were still pressed together. "Never fear. I understand," he promised. "We still have the night, don't we?"

You bit your lower lip in an impish grin and hopped out of bed. You placed yourself at your vanity, taking in the mess before you. "What are you and Obi-Wan getting up to while you're here?" you asked as you ran a brush through your hair. Since your security had been re-established, you had insisted that your handmaidens let you complete your own morning routine.

"I'm not sure," he admitted as he pulled himself out of bed. You couldn't help but subtly admire his chiseled form in the mirror. Perhaps the best decision he ever made was to sleep without a shirt. "He hasn't mentioned anything, and I don't exactly have any plans I can tell him."

You hummed absently in reply.

"I can tell when you're watching me," Anakin reminded you with a smirk.

You shook your head. "You're far too confident, Master Skywalker," you accused as you walked to your closet.

"And why shouldn't I be?" Anakin responded with a shrug. "I have the best life in the galaxy and the most amazing wife. I wouldn't mind if this moment never ended."

As if on cue, the intercom buzzed. "Senator Amidala is here to see you, your majesty," your security informed you.

You breathed a sigh of relief. Padmé was one of the few people that knew about you and Anakin. You pressed the button on your nightstand. "Send her in," you instructed.