Home [Luke x Solo!Reader]

Requested by HanandLeiaStories! Thank you so much! And I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to it!

Request: Could you do one where the Reader was Han's younger sister, (before A New Hope) and while Han is doing business, the reader wanders off, soon bumping into Luke.

The dry heat of Tatooine was unfamiliar. Wind-blown particles of sand stuck to your skin, and the distrusting attitude of the crowds outside the hangar was strong enough to be felt. You folded your arms over your chest, refusing to let fidgeting betray your anxiety. This was your first time away from home.

You were grateful to at least have the familiarity of the Falcon, your older brother Han, and his co-pilot Chewbacca just behind you. As far as Han knew, you had inherited the Solo sense of adventure and couldn't stand being stuck on Corellia while Han had all the fun. In reality, you had asked to travel with him because you were terrified of being alone.

"Something else, isn't it?" Han said as he stepped out of the Falcon, Chewie at his heels.

"It is," you agreed. "Something different from what most people would find enjoyable. Of all the places you could disappear, you chose this rock?"

"The idea is that I can disappear here," Han informed you matter-of-factly. "But not if you run your mouth which you tend to do. So stay in the Falcon and stay out of sight."

"You're kidding," you began incredulously. "Han, I didn't join the crew to stay in the Falcon and stay out of sight. Chewie, tell him."

Chewie just shrugged.

"You didn't have to come. And unless my memory's gone haywire, your exact words were 'I'll do whatever you say, Han. Just take me with you.'" Han recalled, using the worst impression of you you had ever heard. "But, hey, sis, if you want me to take you back home--"

"No!" you interrupted. "I don't want to go back. Can't I go with you, Han? You said you're going to a palace. I promise I'll be quiet if you take me."

Han shook his head. "Trust me, kiddo. It's not the kind of palace you're envisioning. Jabba has no idea you exist, and I'd like to keep it that way. C'mon, Chewie. We're wasting time."

"Han..."

Han pointed right at you. "Stay there, Y/N."

"Chewie...?"

The Wookiee affectionately ruffled your hair but began walking off with Han.

There was little you could do, except shout. "Sometimes I hate you, Han!" you informed him loudly just as he was leaving the hangar.

"Love you, too, kid!" He returned without a second glance.

You muttered some unkind words in his general direction before sulking back to the Falcon. This life didn't seem too different from your old one. You were by yourself, waiting for Han to come back. You always wondered what was so important that he couldn't spend more than a few days with his sister.

At least you were on the Falcon this time. You remembered when Han had first flown back home with her. He had stayed for months repairing and modifying the bucket of bolts. She was one of the fondest memories you had. Still, there were only so many games of dejarik you could play with yourself before you could no longer stand living the same life in a different venue.

You wondered if Han would kill you if you took some of the credits you had saved, bought a speeder, and went exploring. The answer was, of course, yes. But there was the Solo sense of adventure to think about and respect. You stepped out of the safety of the Falcon. On the one hand, the possibilities excited you. On the other hand, they terrified you. You almost turned back until you remembered that Han would be livid when he found out. That was your motivation.