Like Real People Do [Finn x Reader]

requested by anonymous

Request: Finn fluff?

warnings: injuries, peril

A beetle was crawling near your blaster. You remembered that detail from the night you met him. It shone an iridescent green in the fires from the First Order encampment and marched toward the stormtroopers without a care in the world. You allowed yourself a smile. If only you could share the beetle's bravery.

Instead, you huddled behind a mound of dirt, trying with shaking hands to repair your comlink. Once that was done, you could reach your fellow Resistance officers for backup. You weren't supposed to be out here alone, and now you knew why. You just wished you didn't have to deal with a dislocated leg when you discovered the stormtrooper encampment. There were patrols every thirty minutes around the encampment, and you couldn't run. You could guess your fate if reinforcements didn't come soon.

Finally, your comlink flickered to life. You sighed in relief, and immediately contacted Dameron's channel. "Dameron, I found the encampment. I need reinforcement," you whispered. "I'm patching the coordinates over now."

The coordinates transferred, you breathed a sigh and leaned back against the mound of dirt. Nothing to do now but stay quiet and wait.

"What are you doing here?" The voice would have startled you to your feet if you could stand. There was a stormtrooper standing over you.

You still had a blaster. You grabbed it and aimed at him. It wouldn't do to shoot and alert the other troopers to your presence. "Be quiet, or I'll make sure you stay quiet," you whispered through your teeth.

He shot your blaster out of your hand without even grazing your skin. In the moment you took to process that, he was grabbing you by your arms and forcing you onto your feet. That searing pain shot through your hip to your foot and you screamed in both pain and fear. You had to lean on the trooper for support unless you wanted to collapse.

"FN-2187!" Another trooper emerged from the encampment. "What's going on out here."

"Resistance spy, commander!" FN-2187 reported.

"Is that so?" the commander inched closer to you. "And what were you hoping to gain by crawling here all alone?"

You smiled through the pain. That was something Dameron had taught you. "Came to borrow a cup of sugar," you laughed.

"Very funny," the commander said with a nod. "We'll see who's laughing at tomorrow's firing squad."

"Sir, is that really--" FN-2187 interrupted.

The commander ignored him. "FN-2187, tie this Resistance scum up."

"Yes, commander," FN-2187 answered after a mere split-second of hesitation.

The commander left, and FN-2187 turned to you. "Your leg's injured. Can you follow me?"

You sighed. "No, but that works out considering that I don't want to."

The stormtrooper helmet obscured FN-2187's face, but you liked to believe that he rolled his eyes. At the very least, he offered a sigh. "Alright, put your arm around my neck," he instructed. "I'll help you."

With no choice but to comply, you put your arm around FN-2187's neck. He put his arm around your waist. You made an odd couple, you thought grimly as you waddled into the encampment. Resistance scum helped along by stormtrooper civility.

Soon, you were in a tent. FN-2187 was binding your hands with First Order grade cuffs and fastening you to a stake in the middle of the tent.

"This is it?" you questioned. "No interrogation? You're not gonna ask me where I came from?"