Her Majesty [Anakin x Amidala!Reader]

Requested by captain_oz! Thank you!

Request: Could you do a one-shot where the reader is Padme's younger sister and when she became senator, the reader became queen. Because of an attempt to end the reader's life, Anakin is assigned to protect her. They go back to Naboo and there's a ball held in honor of a person from Naboo and then Ani (the emotional person that he is) gets jealous when he sees someone hitting on her, takes her outside, and expresses his love for her and reader returns it?

Warnings: SAP!!!!

About The Title: For those who know, yes I did. For those who don't, it is shameless self-promotion. Go read my sketch series "Her Majesty" ;)

You pulled your hair up into a knot at the back of your head and frowned at your reflection in the mirror. You looked so tired. Shadows seemed to be painted under your eyes. Your brows seemed permanently furrowed in careful concentration. "I feel so helpless," you sighed. "Everything is happening far too quickly."

Behind you, your older sister Padmé was helping you pack for your journey back to Naboo. She was a saint, really, and the only person with whom you felt completely at ease. Padmé smiled and shook her head. "The galaxy doesn't slow down for anybody, but there are some people who can keep up with it. They might get tired from running, and they might feel lost at times. But they're still called queens."

You released your hair and turned around to face her. "Do you think it's a bad thing that I sometimes like to forget I'm the queen? Like now, for instance... I don't have anything fancy on. No red and white makeup. I'm not surrounded by handmaidens, and I'm with you. It's nice and comfortable."

"Not at all," she assured you. "When I was queen, the best part of the day was when you were around. I felt like myself. Even as a senator, I can understand that." She held up a deep purple gown. "Is this what you're wearing to the ball tomorrow evening?"

You stared at the dress. You had never worn it before, but it looked complicated to put on. "Yes," you confirmed. "It's going to be a nightmare getting into it, though. Could I borrow that white dress that you wore at the Gungan's parade?"

"Y/N..." Padmé sighed.

"I'll give it back, I promise," you swore. "It just looks so much easier. Things would be better if I was allowed my handmaids..."

The previous month, there had been an attempt on your life by one of your handmaidens. The girl had been killed, but not before taking down two of your most loyal friends with her. The survivors had been forced to leave service, for their safety and yours. Padmé knew that you thought it was a great injustice that they all had to leave because of one traitor in their midst.

"If it were up to me, they would be back tomorrow," Padme assured you. "But I understand the Chancellor's reasoning. We just want you to be safe. Besides, I see what you're trying to do. You're trying to make me feel guilty so I'll give it to you."

"I am not," you insisted. "I felt safe with them around, Padmé They were my friends. Besides, it's not as though there's anyone else we can trust," you pointed out. Padmé went silent. You had known her for your whole life. She couldn't fool you. You knew there was something else that she wasn't telling you. "Or is there?" you interrogated. "Padmé, what is it?"

"I worry about you, Y/N. As your sister, that's my responsibility..."

You closed your eyes and sighed. "So, what did you do?" you pressed further.

"I've asked Anakin Skywalker to look after you on Naboo," she finally informed you.

"Oh..." was your only response. You had met Anakin when you were both ten years old on Naboo after the defeat of the Trade Federation's droid army. You had seen him again when he came back, charged with protecting Padmé. You had liked Anakin a little bit too much for your sense of... well, sense. There was something understood but never spoken between the pair of you, a connection. It could have only caused pain, so you were relieved in a sad way when he left. You had expressed this to Padmé, which was why you were shocked to hear that she had asked him to perform this task. You felt that distance was the best way to repress feelings that shouldn't be there to begin with.