A New Hope, Part 2 [Kylo x Reader]

Requested at imaginethestarwars.tumblr.com

You looked over your shoulder, past the darkness and shadows, observing the inn. Quiet, slow music was playing from a jukebox in the corner. It was the kind you listened to when nothing else in the galaxy mattered but where you were and what you were doing. A small collection of conspicuous patrons littered the place, doing business or sitting at the bar downing drink after drink until their senses were dead. There was no one you recognized, and no one recognized you. Still, you couldn't stop looking over your shoulder.

Ben was next to you on the sofa, and he laced his fingers through yours and muttered, "You're alright. You're going to be fine."

"Kriff," you swore. "I know, I know. I'm sorry. It's just that I'm always afraid that someone I know is going to show up here."

"That won't happen," Ben promised. "There are times when feelings are only feelings, and you don't have to listen to them."

You nodded and wrapped your arms around his waist as he wrapped one of his around your shoulders. The last thing you wanted to do was worry. The night was young, and it was about the two of you. Still, when you closed your eyes, you couldn't help but reach through the room, searching for familiar presences. Again, you found nothing.

It had only been six months since you and Ben had started meeting secretly. The anxiety would pass, you told yourself. Give it a year, and you would believe it when Ben said there was nothing to worry about. That was how you calmed yourself.

Ben's hands were also calming. You took one in your own hands and traced the lines of his palm. The lines were so deep, and his hand was so much different from your own. His hand was all knuckle and bone with faint blue veins that barely protruded from the back of it. It was large, calloused, and beautiful. And the best thing about it was that there was no glove covering it.

You looked up at Ben. From where you sat, there didn't seem to be a trace of Kylo Ren. He didn't even dress the same way. Where a black doublet and a helmet would've been, there was a white shirt with sleeves rolled to the elbows and soft, lightly tousled, black hair. It stunned you how easily he became your Ben again.

He noticed you observing him and smiled with a furrowed brow. "What is it?" he questioned

You hummed and shook your head. "Nothing," you said. "Nothing at all."

You tilted your head up, and Ben's lips met yours, soft and slow. When you pulled away, you smiled and stood. "It's just a little cold in here," you explained. "I'm gonna go back up to the room and get my jacket."

"Go ahead," Ben said, giving your hand a final squeeze.

Inside the room, you found two jackets strewn on the floor: yours and Ben's. They were right next to each other, almost identical save for the obvious difference in size. You picked Ben's up and slung it over your shoulders. The arms went down past the tips of your fingers, and the bottom hem fell to your knees. But it was comfortable, and it felt like him, so who minded if it didn't fit right?

Feeling warm enough, you ventured back downstairs. Ben wasn't on the sofa anymore, but you could feel that he was still nearby. With a sigh, you settled back onto the sofa to await his return.

You hadn't been there long before a familiar presence pricked the back of your neck... and it wasn't Ben. The voice of a newcomer sounded from the doorway, and you turned to see who it was. But, of course, you already knew it was Poe Dameron.

Panic shot through your heart as you pulled Ben's jacket closer to you, trying desperately to hide your face. You reached through the Force, trying to warn Ben, but you couldn't find him. Your emotions were too hectic to do any good.