Oblivious to the Obvious [Poe x Reader]

Requested by RusticRose! Thanks, dear!

Request: Poe has had a major crush on the reader for forever and asks Finn for help.

Warnings: Moderate to Severe Accidental Injury

It wasn't like Poe was looking for excuses to get to maintenance. (Well, once, he had sped up the disrepair of his comlink just a little bit.) Otherwise, all eight visits to the maintenance wing over the past month were for completely legitimate reasons. It was as if his X-wing somehow knew that there was a wonderful girl at the reception desk and kept falling apart just so he could see her. This time, it was the navigation system that had decided to give out. The system in hand, he walked to the desk where Y/N spun around in her chair until she saw him.

"Oh! Hi, Poe!" she greeted with her bright, heart-stopping smile. She was looking awfully cute with safety goggles rested on the top of her head, pulling her hair back. She had a smudge of grease on her cheek that she probably didn't even realize was there, and her eyes were lit up as they usually were with a playful spark.

Poe leaned on the counter in front of her. "Hi, Y/N. How're you today?"

"Rude," Y/N scolded. "I was supposed to ask you that."

Poe smiled. "Well, I asked you first."

"If you really wanna know, I'm stuck behind a desk, so I could be better. But then again, this is the eighth time you've visited this desk this month, so I couldn't be better! What can I help you with this time?"

Poe gestured to the system in his hand. "The navigation's busted. I can't figure out what's wrong with it."

Y/N stood up from her chair and took a good look at the system, appraising it. "Y'know what? If you'll let me take a look at that, I could probably fix it in no time. That way we won't have to deal with all the entry form noise, and you get it back this evening. How does that sound?"

"That sounds great," Poe allowed.

"Great!" Y/N repeated. "Why don't you just follow me back to the shop? Finn and BB-8 have been in the droid sector back there for a while so you can go hang out while I look at what we've got lying around this dust factory."

Poe did as she asked.

While Y/N sorted through assorted wires, muttering to herself, Poe made his way over to his friends in the distant droid sector. The scene he entered upon was comical, though he felt bad for thinking so. Finn knelt on the ground as though he was proposing to the little droid. BB-8 was screaming in frustration as though adamantly rejecting the proposal. It would seem that the pair were still suffering communication issues. "Hey, what's going on?"

Finn stood up. "Poe, you gotta help me. I could've sworn that BB-8 was saying that he needed a tuneup, but now..."

BB-8 interrupted, protesting Finn's version of the story. Poe translated it a bit more politely. "There seems to be a slight mix-up. BB-8 didn't say 'tuneup' he said 'power down'."

"Oh..." Finn responded sheepishly. "I'm still having trouble understanding him."

Poe gave Finn a friendly clap on the back. "You'll get the hang of it, buddy."

"So, what brings you here?" Finn inquired.

"Y/N brought me back here while she fixes my ship's navigation system," Poe responded.

Finn gave him a knowing look. "I get it. So, how confused is she gonna be when she figures out it's not actually broken?"

"I did that once," Poe defended. With something of a joke in his voice, he added, "I'm beginning to regret telling you I like her."