Chapter 7

"I-I uh..." I stuttered.

"How bout sorry Jerome? I couldn't possibly want to escape after you've treated me so well! I won't do it again I p-p-promise!" He mocked my voice and turned back into a menacing grin.

"I'm sorry." My voice was so soft I hardly recognised it as my own.

"I know you are gorgeous, now let's make sure it doesn't happen again yeah?" He questioned, his face still too close to mine.

"I-it won't." I lied through my teeth, of course I was going to escape but he didn't need to know that.

"Good girl." He patted my head as if I was some dog and he moved away from me, finally leaving me some breathing room. I let out a long breath that I hadn't realised I had been holding. "Although it's obvious that I can't leave you alone so you get to follow me around! How fun does that sound?" He questioned with a laugh. I was too much of a coward to even attempt to argue, terrified he would kill me.

I nodded silently as I tried to inconspicuously find another escape route. He firmly gripped my arm making me gasp in pain but he didn't really seem to care. He dragged me behind him as he confidently strutted through the mansion as if he owned the place. We entered the same living room I had heard him conversing with the other man just a few minutes before.

"Boys! There are weapons for you to play with in the living room." The same voice rang out from another room. Jerome pulled me over to a box with childlike excitement and retrieved a long, samurai sword from it.

"Oooh... Shiny!" He exclaimed, Greenwood came from behind him and ripped the sword from its sheath letting out a grumbling chuckle. I stepped back from the two, Jerome's hand releasing my arm in the midst of getting the sword. "Give that back." He warned with a threatening gaze.

"I saw it first." Greenwood replied as he pretended to stab the air.

"No you didn't." Jerome held his hand out. "I said give it back." His attention had completely transferred from me to Greenwood but I knew that the other men were in the next room and Dobkins would for sure dob me in.

"Make me, you little brat." Greenwood held the sword up to Jerome's neck and my eyes widened as I stepped even further from them. Jerome seemed to step back also but not nearly as far as me.

"Your samurai skills are excellent Greenwood san, but they are nothing compared to me!" He picked up a chainsaw and turned it on. The loud noise pierced through the room and I had to cover my ears slightly. "Prepare to die!" He yelled and I winced as I rushed over to the other side of the room where I sat on the very edge of a couch with my knees pulled to me chest.

I blocked my ears and squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to witness another death. My hands did little to silence the sound. "That's enough!" I heard a booming voice sound as a man entered in a crisp suit and slicked back hair.

That was Theo Galavan. The Theo Galavan! Why in the hell would such a noble man be behind such monstrosities? "Boys! We're a team, we don't fight amongst ourselves!" He explained and my eyes widened further, so he is completely behind all of this!

"And I'm the captain." Came Greenwoods simple response but I could see the maniacal fury behind Jerome's eyes. He dropped the no longer running chainsaw with a clang.

"Captain of my foot." He immaturely retorted but I stayed out of their way, not knowing what was to come of this.

"I've murdered a dozen women, terrorised the city." Jerome motioned with his hand for Greenwood to go on but the uninterested expression on his face made it obvious he was being sarcastic. "What have you done? Chopped up your mummy?" He taunted and in the extremely short time I'd known the ginger I had caught onto the fact that he does not like being mocked or underestimated. Although he just loved doing that very same thing to others.