Chapter 39

Jerome's POV:

I shook my head and plastered a wide grin on my face, preparing to see her properly for the first time in weeks. She looked different now, tired and paranoid but not enough to completely resemble those in Arkham, she was much too pretty for a place like Arkham, they would eat her up without so much as a second thought.

"Here Kitty Kitty..." I taunted and she jumped but seemed to be used to it. "Oh come on Kat, surely you got a better reaction than that one, no screaming, crying, praying I don't care just amuse me." I joked and she stared at me in concentration.

"You aren't real. Ha, I'm too smart of that. I'm not falling for it again, he isn't coming to get me out of here ok? I'm crazy stop talking to yourself. Dude, you're still doing it. Ok, I'm stopping." I watched as she spoke in a string of rambled words that resembled when she was apologizing for apologizing too much.

I glanced at the door keeping her in this small box of insanity and saw that it indeed matched the key I had borrowed from the butler after our lovely chat. I inserted the key and the lock clicked open. It was only then that I saw emotion flash through Katerina's flawless blue eyes. She was a mix of terrified and excited and relieved like she didn't know exactly which one to feel.

"Been thinkin' bout me huh?" I asked, a playful grin on my face.

"Are you real?" She questioned, her eyes wide and she began to slowly move off the bed, suddenly hesitant.

"Come on Kat don't be like that, of course, I'm real." I reached out for her head and when I stroked her hair she gasped and screamed. The terror in her eyes was covering a small glint of excitement.

"Don't come near me! Alfred will shoot you!" She threatened desperately, a smirk growing on my face.

"You mean the butler I just tied up? He was real tough." I laughed at her as I saw her hope die.

"Please just kill me." She whispered. Her eyes on her hands and tears running down her cheeks. My smile dropped and I moved closer to her, this time without her moving away. "I can't live like this, I know this is why you're here anyway so please just do it." Her voice was unwavering despite the tremors raking through her body. It didn't amuse me this time, the sight of her crying face and the sadness in her tone, I felt an odd pang, some annoying little feeling well in my chest. It was probably that donut I ate this morning, I knew I should have had toast.

"Well sorry to disappoint darling but I came here to have a nice chat, give you a little something and invite you to my big night tonight! Here that you can get outta here!" I announced placing the bag at our feet. "Don't you wanna get outta here?" I asked, my voice lowering in volume. Her eyes flickered to mine, her hair falling around her face and I could see it was slowly fading, just like she was. 

"Why?" Her voice broke slightly.

"Because, you." I paused to make sure I had her full attention. "Deserve better than this stupid little room with no company, trust me, I've been there." She tried to suppress the smallest of smiles. "Hey, there it is! That's what I'm lookin' for." Her eyes went blank before finally meeting mine again.

"You found me." She replied, her eyes glazed over. "I wasn't going crazy, you did give me the note! I-" Before she finished her sentence she threw herself into my arms, knocking me onto my back from my position seated in front of her.

"See? I knew you were happy to see me! I missed you too!" The action had taken me by surprise but I wasn't complaining. Suddenly she pulled away from me, retracting her arms and scooting away. 

"You did this to me." She said, gesturing to her situation. "I shouldn't be happy to see you." She shook her head and moved further away, wiping the smile from my face.

"This?" I questioned. "This was your fault! We could have been happy together you and me but you jumped out the window!" She flinched as I raised my voice. "But I'm not here to argue, put this on and be at the charity ball tonight. I heard daddio will be there too. " I said, adding the last part to make sure she didn't pull anything though I doubted she would.

"Don't touch him." She begged.

"I won't... So long as you and your little pals show up." She nodded vigorously, her hair bouncing around her. 

"I'll be there, just please don't hurt him." I gave her a false sincere smile, taking steps toward her until my hand tilted her head up, stroking her tear away with my thumb and hovering my mouth over hers. She leant into my touch and her eyes widened slightly. 

"Oh, darling." Her breathing picked up and I felt them brush against my lips, causing them to curl into a smile. "You are going to love the show." Our eyes never left eachothers. "The finale is to die for." Her eyes fluttered closed and I stepped back, leaving her to lean into a touch that wasn't there. "You really do miss me," I smirked at her, the colour in her cheeks flushed a deep red, livening her entire face.

"I-what I didn't I am going crazy I-"

"Ah, so you plead insanity? Good plan worked for me." I chuckled as she continued to get redder.

"I wasn't going to kiss you, I was just um proving that you're uh real! Yeah that you aren't another vision thingy." She tried to look confident in her answer and I just agreed to drop it.

"Well, I am very much real sweetheart. Now if you'll excuse me, I have my own daddy to attend to. Where the dress I bought you and untie the butler for me yeah? See ya doll face." And with that I left her there, skipping up the steps with a wide grin on my face.

She missed me HAHHAHAHA She really missed me!

----------

I honestly didn't think I would get these done on time but here they are! Double update for the very first time.

How were you blessed with not one but two chapters? Because of a very lovely reader  T   @TheSlytherinTribute Now she is not only a reader but an amazing writer that just published a Jerome story and so far I am completely in love, it's so different from this (plot wise and is so original so if you're looking for something while I'm away she's your girl.

Now I will be on a cruise for the next 11 days so I updated twice to make up for it, so sorry if I don't reply to your comments right away but I promise that as soon as I get back I will reply to them all Xx

Wish me luck and hope I don't die byeeeee

~Love Mikayla Xx