Chapter 20

Jerome's POV: 

The boys and I were getting back to the mansion and the only thing on my mind was getting back to tormenting Kat some more. I couldn't wait to tell her all about the civilians I killed and how this one guy tried to save the day like she did. 

We headed to the living room where Barbra sat with a magazine, lazily flipping through the pages. If Barbra was here then Kat wouldn't be too far. "Ah, Barbra! Where is Kat?" I asked, looking around the room trying to catch a glimpse of her vibrant hair.

"Gone." She simply replied but I wasn't in the mood for her games right now. 

"Ha-ha very funny, seriously where is she?" I just wanted to find her, I didn't want to deal with Barbra. 

"She jumped out of the window while I was trying to find an outfit. Tragic really, I actually liked her." The second the words left her mouth my blood boiled, this was going too far. 

"You're lying." I grumbled, running to the hallway to find my door closed. Of course, she's just hiding. I threw the door opened but instead of being greeted with her laying on the bed watching TV I was met with the room being completely trashed and a note laying in the centre of the bed.

 The note has gotta say I've been pranked right? She's just getting me back for almost shooting her, yeah that's what it is. My fingers shook slightly as I reached for the small piece of paper with her messy handwriting scrawled across it. 

Dear Jerome,

You tried to tell me to stay away from the window but I can't live like this... You were going to kill me anyway so I am just making your job easier, have fun with your next hostage.

Goodbye, Katerina

"No, no, no, no, no!" I muttered to myself, this couldn't be true, she wouldn't do this! I threw the note onto the bed my whole body shaking in anger, she couldn't just leave me like that! 

"Look-" Before Barbra could even finish her sentence I let my anger consume me as I slammed her against the wall, my arm pushing on her throat. She was supposed to watch her! She could have stopped her and Katerina would still be here with me. 

"This is your fault! You should have been watching her! Now she's gone, How could you?!" I screamed at her, my hand wrapped tighter around her throat as I pictured Katerina falling to her death only hours before. 

"It wasn't my fault!" She gasped, which only made me angrier. Now she was going to blame Katerina for her mistake.

"Jerome stop this! Katerina left by her own will, it was bound to happen eventually." Theo pushed me off of Barbra and I lost it. Would 've happened eventually? We were going to be happy together, I thought we were getting better. 

"Her own free will?! She's dead Theo!" I felt my eyes watering. "Get out!" I ordered, not wanting them to see me like this. They both left without another word and I threw her bag across the room not wanting to see any of it. 

How could I have thought she was going to stay here? Jerome, you're so stupid, she was never going to love you, Tabitha was right. Now she's gone! She's gone!

I threw whatever I could see and screamed. She was gone, I would never see her vibrant hair or blue eyes again, I will never hear the laugh she would desperately try and stop from escaping her lips. I would never witness her cheeks flushing red every time she got embarrassed. Nothing. 

She left me, just like that. Was it my fault? Did I drive her to do such a thing? I killed her...

Another shorty but just wanted to show you guys what was going on with Jerome before we really get into what's going down with Kat. Trust me guys it's gonna get pretty intense!