Chapter 31

Kat's POV:

Bruce had found a way to contact Selina and she crawled through the window half an hour later, we let her in and the two of them couldn't take their eyes off of each other. I knew it.

I decided that the two of them wouldn't even care if I was gone, Selina had gotten to a point where she actually accepted me as a friend, I think anyway. I left the two of them alone in the living room and went to find Alfred, who had also accepted me into the Wayne household as if I was his own. 

"Hey, Alfred." I greeted, taking a seat on the stool in front of the counter he was cooking at.

"Hello, Miss Ferdine." He chirped in response. 

"I've told you before Alfred, just call me Kat, that's what everyone does," I exclaimed with a laugh, having had this conversation many times before.

"As I have stated previously, Miss Ferdine, it is important for gentlemen to have enough manners as to address a young lady by her proper title." He replied promptly. 

"Oh Alfred, must you always be so proper?" I tried to imitate his accent, failing miserably.

"I'm afraid I must, Miss Ferdine." He continued the joke, smiling slightly. 

"Well if it is absolutely necessary, I suppose I may be able to tolerate such manners." I couldn't continue, my laughter ruining the horrible accent. 

"What brings you here Miss Ferdine?" Alfred asked, chuckling at my odd humor.

"Well, the two love birds completely forgot about my existence so I figured I'd leave them to it." I stated, plucking a piece of pineapple from the fruit platter Alfred had only just finished preparing.

"Ah, I see. That street kid just cannot keep away can she?" I was surprised by the negativity Alfred was emitting. 

"I don't see much wrong with her, I mean she can be hostile but she means well, I assure you." I replied, trying to defend Bruce's current love interest. 

"Her intentions are not as innocent as she makes them out to be, Miss Ferdine." He retorted, taking a piece of fruit for himself.

"I do not think her intentions are bad though Alfred, she is misunderstood." I continued to defend the hostile street kid.

"We shall see." He hummed as we both continued eating from the fruit platter. 

"We shall indeed." I mocked him with a playful smile. 

"Besides, he has invited Silver St Cloud over this afternoon. She will be a much better partner for him." Alfred states and I looked at him questioningly. How hadn't I heard of her?

"Who is Silver?" I asked Alfred, surprised Bruce hadn't told me about a new potential love interest in his life.

"She is Theo Galavan's niece, her uncle suggested the invitation as they will both be beginning at Anders Preparatory Academy together soon." My blood ran cold at the mention of that corrupted almost Mayor's name. 

I could never tell anyone that Theo was behind those maniacs because first, who would listen and second, the minute anyone knew he would know that I was alive and no doubt send someone to murder me. So I kept quiet, blamed everything on Jerome but now hearing that a relative of that sick bastard is going to be in this house. 

"A-are you sure that's a good idea?" I questioned, trying my hardest not to sound too suspicious, but of course, Alfred caught it. 

"Is there a problem Miss Ferdine?" He asked me and I smiled, trying to hide the worry.