Piece 1: Scraps

"Then, class, please learn chapter five, you'll have a test on it on Friday."

The teacher yelled as the bell rang. The class was getting ready to leave as you got up from your seat and walk to the front of the classroom. You noticed someone dropped their bag, the content scattered across the floor. You moved over and helped them collect their notes and a few torn pages. The person looked at you and said 'thank you' in a small voice, kinda embarrassed about what had happened. You told them it was nothing and finished collect the notes.

"Here."

You said as you smiled and handed them their notes, they smiled back, stuffed the notes in their bag and left. You left soon after as well, moving towards the canteen seeing it was lunch time.

On your way back to class you passed a group of people, you recognized them as students from your class. But as you past them you saw a black figure in the top of your eye, doing a double take you turned around to see what it was you just passed. There, floating above the group of students, was a....person? Just their back looked terrifying, their shoulders covered in a feathery-type of thing. You stopped in your path to look at this person, but it seemed they noticed you. The floating person turned around and you fell on the ground from shock, screaming as you crawled towards the wall. The floating thing didn't look particularly human. They floated towards you and said;

"You can see me?"

You just sat there in shock, everyone around you looking at you with weird faces.

"Oi, Light. This human can see me."

He said with his head turned towards the group you just walked past. One of them turned around, Yagami Light. You knew him, he was a reasonably nice guy, good grades too, too 'cool' to hang out with though.

You decided that if he was in anyway related to the guy in front of you it would be better to run away.
So you did.

You took a slight detour to the classroom and ended up being late for class. You just moved to your seat silently and followed the lesson. When the lesson was finished you almost ran out of the classroom, but, because your spot was all the way in the back, Light was still next to the door earlier than you were.

"(Y/N), can I talk to you for a bit?"

He said blocking the door.

"S-Sure."

You two left the room, the floating guy still following.

"So Light, what are you gonna do now? You gonna kill her with the Death Note?"

Death Note?

"Ryuk shut up."

You had walked until behind the gym when Light started acting different.

"So, just to be certain, you can see this freak right."

He said pointing towards Ryuk who was floating behind him. You thought you heard Ryuk say something along the lines of 'Light, that's horrible', but ignored him and nodded slightly. You heard Light sigh.

"That means I have a problem. Anyway for now, please don't tell anyone about him, okay?"

You nodded quickly hoping Light would give you an explanation as to why but he just walked away.

You also went home shortly after.

As you walked through the door you yelled 'I'm home' hearing your mom reply with 'Welcome back'. You talked to her about your day for a bit before you went upstairs. When you arrived in your room you dropped down on your bed and thought a little about what happened, giving up shortly after beginning. You turned on the TV and saw a news broadcast about Kira. You were quite interested in the case, but mostly because of one reason. The news broadcast was a guy claiming to be L, called Lind L. Tailor. Halfway through his story, he collapsed from, what looked like, a heart attack.

Stupid guy.

You thought to yourself, thinking about L, as you did rather often.
You moved to your desk, sitting in your chair and grabbing a piece of paper and a pen.
'Lind L. Tailer'
You wrote on the paper, cut it out and moved towards the White Board that hung on the wall next to your bed.
The boards was almost as long as your bed and had different articles stuck on it with magnets. At first glance they seemed relatively random, but you had connected all the articles, pictures and words with lines in different colours. You put the paper you just wrote on the board and got a second white board from under your bed.
On it you wrote 'Kira VS L' as neatly as you could. You wrote Lind L. Tailer on that one as well and placed the board next to your desk. You grabbed the remote of your TV and went back to the beginning of the program to watch everything. Apparently Kira was stationed in the Kanto region, you were pretty creeped out about this. That's where you live. You moved to your small white board and wrote your new found information on it, studying it closely. Your marker suddenly stopped working and it seems your never-ending stash of white board markers had run out , so you went to the store to get some new ones. Maybe like, 15 to renew your stash.

~Light POV~

"Light, what are you gonna do about the girl that saw me earlier today?"

"Easy Ryuk, accidental death. Nobody suspects Kira can kill by other means than a heart attack, she'll just be another pitiable victim of a careless driver."

"That's no fun."

"It's not supposed to be."

I grabbed the death note and started writing criminal's names, when I finished I wrote her name and 'Death by accident, 16:00 5 december 2006'.

"That should do it for today."

The next morning at school we were talking about the latest news. She wasn't here as expected.
Great.

"(Y/N), Hurry up and take a seat. And if you come in late try not to disturb the class."

WHAT.

"Yes, I'm sorry."

WHY ISN'T SHE DEAD?

"Guess that didn't go as expected after all, right Light?"

O shut up Ryuk.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(A/N) So I'm not sure if I'm going to make this into a short new story, or a really long one shot. A really long long shot. Euuh one shot. But for now imma put it here and, well, write more?.....
Well, it's not got anything about L currently but it'll come later. I swear, fluff and stuff.O wow that sounds great Fluff and Stuff, heh. And I wanna make more fun of Light cuz HE mUrDERED hIS FricKin FaTHER.

Sorry, I just watched the drama so I hate him all over again.