Piece 9: Plans

"(Y/N), we're going to get Matsuda now. You stay here and watch the fort, okay?"

"Sure."

You said, slightly annoyed. They are leaving you, a suspect, alone in the building with all the info they have on the case. Just Genius.

When everyone had left, you walked around a bit. Light was planning to get his memory back. there is no way he is going to leave it at this. But how? You had been given little to no information about the case. Obviously, you're a suspect. It would be stupid to let you access the infor- You were in the building right now, with access to the information on the case. You walked over to the main computer and turned it on. After a few minutes of information searching, you they were very close, Misa and Light were already being suspected the only thing they lacked was evidence. How could you get this? 

~Time skip~

"Ryuga, have you heard anything from L?"

"No, I have not heard anything new yet, why?"

You noticed a few glances from Light and the rest of the task force.

"I have something I would like to tell him. Is it possible for me to meet him? Soon."

Light continued working, it seemed he had not regained his memory yet.

"I'm afraid not, could you tell me or Watari about it? We could pass the message on to L."

"Fine, seeing as you're still bound to Light, could I meet with Watari in my room?"

"I will tell him about it."

"Thanks."

You gave him a little smile and walked towards the elevator up to your room.

This should work.

The following week you heard bits and pieces of the progress in the case from Misa, who apparently was kept up to date, and just random pieces from conversations around head quarters. It seemed they figured out which one of the executives from Yotsuba was Kira and were planning to arrest him soon. This means they will acquire a Death Note and Light will be able to get his memories back. On the day the plan will be executed you had permission from Watari to ride in his helicopter. A good vantage point over details, but at least you were allowed to be there. The plan was quick and well-executed, it took only a few minutes for the suspect to arrive within your view, he was currently being cuffed. The police had taken the Death Note from his car, you confirmed it to be the Death Note when one of the police agents screamed and fell on his butt. Hehe. The book was passed around and soon was passed into a helicopter. 

"Who is in that heli?"

You asked to Watari, who was in full on sniper mode.

"Ryuzaki and Light-kun."

He answered. Light had probably regained his memories then. Soon after you could see The suspect fall to the ground. Sudden death, with Light just regaining his memories? Definitely a heart attack. There was nothing left to do here, and soon everything was cleaned up and the group was back at head quarters.

Everyone was sitting around the table, you were casually sat in one of the couches slightly out of the circle. 

"How to use... The human whose name is written in this note shall...die."

Silence followed.

"This note will not take affect unless the writer has the person's face face in their head while writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected."

Your attention moved, they're the same old rules.

"Additionally, on the back cover's instructions."