Piece 6: L

"Hand in your report before next Wednesday."

Is it just you or are there way too many reports and presentations in this school.

Anyway, the fact that the teacher had announced the homework obviously means that half of the class had already left and the lesson was over. Finally.

You left the classroom and was about to leave the school when you remembered Light wanted to talk to you about something. You went to search for Light, which was surprisingly easy seeing as he was standing behind you.

"DAMNIT LIGHT! I didn't know you had a habit of scaring people!"

"I don't. Anyway, would you come with me to the back of the school. I have to talk to you about something."

"Yeah, sure. Lead the way."

You followed him to the back of the school, you leaned against the building as he put on a more serious face.

"(Y/N), I-"

He started.

"I-....."

His head moved up and looked at the corner.

"Ryuga, I really can't do this!"

Ryuga appeared from behind the corner.

"Light, you do realize that was the easiest way to figure out if my speculation was true." 

"Yes, but I really can't do it."

"Um, were you two planning to prank me or something?"

"No, we were not."

"Ryuga, we should just tell her. We can trust her, I know it."

It was weird to see Light this... desperate? They seemed to be talking about something important.

"Very well,"

Ryuga turned towards you and continued talking.

"(Y/N)-san, we are part of the Kira investigation."

What?

"And you are currently one of our main suspects."

"What? Why?!"

"You fit the profile L painted for Kira, we are not allowed to tell you the details however."

L

"You met with L?!"

You were surprised at how normal their expressions were.

"Yes."

Wait, you might be able to use this to your advantage. You needed to come in contact with someone from the investigation anyway, so this might be the perfect opportunity. You had to wait until Light was gone however. And clear their doubt about you. Otherwise it'll look like you're trying to blame Light. But how?

"(Y/N)-san, do you know why we're telling you this?"

That's it.

"No, but I'm sure you'll tell me."

"Yes,"

Ryuga started, but Light finished.

"We need you to join us and live in the headquarter building so that we can clear your doubt!"

Bingo

"I'm going to assume you have a way to make sure my family doesn't suspect anything?"

"Yes, everything has been arranged"

"Great, when do I leave?"

"Now."

"(Y/N)-san, you're taking this really easily. Why?"

Ryuga asked you. As all of you walked away from the back of the school.

"Well, I know for one that I'm not Kira. And going to the HQ means I might be able to meet L, right?"

You said with a massive smile on your face.

"Yes, perhaps."

You walked towards a sweets store and bought some sweets, because why the hell not? After everyone had what they wanted you went outside and a car pulled up. 

Ryuga walked up to the car and opened the door. 

"After you."

You went inside and Light and Ryuga soon followed.
The car was really fancy, the windows were tinted and you were almost unable to look outside.  When you looked at the driver, you recognized the hat and jacket.

"Watari!"

He ignored you. Asshole.

"(Y/N)-san, this is Watari, L's contact. He will bring you where you want to go by car, as long as either me, or someone from the investigation is accompanying you."

"I see. Nice to meet you Watari!"

You saw him smile back slightly. That's cute. Not an asshole.

After a short drive, you arrived at, what you assumed was, HQ.
You went through a lot of inspections, checks and exams, before you reached a huge room with a couch, some chairs, a table and a wall that seemed to be made out of desktops. Well, the wall wasn't actually made out of them, they were probably in front of the wall. In front of this wall were a few chairs and on the desk was a microfoon. 

"This is a great HQ you have."

You said jokingly.

It seemed your bad joke called everyone's attention to you. They came up to you one by one and introduced themselves to you. Fake names are awkward.

Ryuga and Light brought you to a room on a different floor and told you you'll stay here for now.

"Thanks"

You said with a small smile. They left the room and went back downstairs. After exploring the room a bit, yes, exploring. You let yourself fall onto the bed face first and thought about everything. 
You might be able to meet L tomorrow. What kind of person would he be? More like Ryuga or more like Light, you hoped not. Maybe he was really old, like Watari, or really young?

Your thoughts continued to wander. Until you finally fell asleep.