Piece 5: Light Light

You looked at Ryuga as you felt a blush creep up your cheeks.

"If I could, that would be awesome."

"I'm sure you'll be able to, you seem to be quite close, if I were to look at the research you have done so far."

"No, I might have been able to find the cases he worked on, but I have been unable to find out anything about the person behind the letter. The only thing I was able to find was that his associate is called 'Watari'. But it seems this is a well-known fact within the police."

You tended to quickly move off topic if someone started about L.

"Anyway, let's continue the presentation?"

"Yes, let's do so."

After working on the presentation until it was done and, of course, eating the cake, you looked at the clock, 5 o'clock we finished quite early. You walked down the stairs and saw Ryuga to the door.

"Thanks for coming over."

You told him as you stood by the entrance.

"You're welcome. Tell your mom I enjoyed the cake."

You smiled faintly.

"Will do, see you at school tomorrow."

"Yes, see you again."

After this the day went on as usual, you went to dinner, read some words, and went to bed. The following morning when you entered the classroom, you noticed Light was sitting next to Ryuga.

"Hey, Light! Where have you been?"

"Just took a little break."

He looked, different somehow.

"Are you okay with classes?"

"Yea, I got someone who took notes for me after all."

"Let me guess, me?"

"Yup"

You sighed, and sat down next to the two guys.

"Well, I guess I can show you my notes...."

You got your notebooks from your bag.

"But you did leave me behind in the middle of a project..."

You saw the expression on his face change from exited to sad.

"And Ryuga is way better at English than you are..."

You liked annoying this Light he was way more expressive and not as intimidating.

"So I don't really see why I need you anymore."

You joked, surprisingly enough this didn't cause evil glares to stab you in the heart, heck, he just looked sad. Sad. Kira, the mass murderer looked sad because you told him you didn't need him anymore?

This made no sense.

"Good question (Y/N), though I'm more interested in the reason you two became friends. At the time I entered the university you two were already best friends, so much so I actually thought you were his girlfriend at first."

Ryuga asked quite randomly.

"No, no, no, we never had that kind of relationship."

"No, but... What was the reason we became friends (Y/N)? It was somewhere in High School right?"

"Yea, you were walking around school and dropped everything in your bag on the ground, I helped you collect your stuff, and the friendship started there. Or something like that, I mean, it was more than a year ago, my memory doesn't work that well!"

You joked, getting a laugh from Light and a- Well, everyday look from Ryuga.

"I see. It sounds like the setting of one of Amane-san's drama's."

"Maybe... But I prefer her modelling over her acting, her acting skills just aren't quite there yet."

You said trying to change the subject, successfully apparently.
The teacher walked into the classroom and started talking, you were absent-mindedly thinking about Light.

Did he give up his ownership off the Death Note? He told you about it once, that it would mean his memories disappeared but yours would stay.
Wouldn't this be the perfect moment to try to get the information to the Kira Investigation?
But how?
You couldn't exactly walk in there and tell them Light Yagami was Kira.
First of all, you didn't now where they were, and second there is no way they'll believe you. You needed proof.
The Death Note should be enough proof, but if he was gone for so long he probably doesn't have it anymore.
There was no other choice but to shut up for now. Light had not only told you about the memory loss, but also the way to regain it. We should be okay for now. But you had to make sure he doesn't touch the notebook, because after that...
It's probably over.

"(Y/N)?"

You snapped out of it when Ryuga said your name.

"Is something the matter? We need to change classroom now."

"Ah, no, I'm fine."

You got up and got your stuff together.

"I wasn't paying attention in class either... Light, your notes of this lesson for my notes of the past weeks?"

His face lit up.

"Sure!"

You continued on to the next lesson and soon it was time for lunch. You didn't take lunch with you today so the three of you went to the cafeteria to get some food.
You looked around a bit but nothing seemed appetising, in the end you just got some cookies and ate those for lunch. You'll only notice you were actually hungry later, so you'll leave that problem to the you of the future.

"Is that really enough food, (Y/N)?"

Light asked sounding quite worried.

"Yea, I'll eat more when I get hungry later. And I eat a lot of snacks anyway so it's fine."

You moved to a table and everyone ate their lunch, well, for as far as what you were eating could be called 'Lunch'.
Ryuga was eating, you guessed it, cake and Light was eating something that looked like a full course meal.

Anyway, halfway through lunch time, you needed to go to the toilet so, well, you did. After playing some games on your phone and staying on the toilet for way to long, you went back to the table and sat down.
Everyone seemed to have a serious face on.

"What's with the serious faces?"

"(Y/N)..."

Light started looking at you.

"Could I talk to you after school today?"

"Sure?"

"Great."

This was a weird conversation...
After lunch was over and everyone was ready to move you moved to the next lesson.

You didn't pay attention at all and had to borrow Light's notes again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(A/N) I am going to move pages out of the one shot book and give it it's own book. Within like, a week from now. I'm not sure if I'll leave these chapters in here or not. Maybe. I'll see.
Anyway, it's late and I have a test tomorrow so, Knight Knight.

(A/N) Wow, an author note after an author note. Well, this was where I left off in the one shot collection. so from now on pages will be in this book and actual one shots in the one shot book. Awesome.